ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.6 16v RSi

Saxo VTR!!
Right, heres the thing, the time has come to buy a new car, and due to not being able to afford the Insurance for a 172 just yet, i am looking at the RSi. I reckon they must be quite good fun to drive. Cheap affordable power. Only problem with them is i really dont like the alloys!! :(

So what do ya think i could replace them with? Some Turinis?

Advice?

Wes

www.renparts.co.uk
yeh slap a set of silver/grey turinis on it... would look smart.... Loads of people hate turinis. but at the end of the day they look the most factory.. and suit the car.. or some OZ F1's prefferably 16 inch.

Saxo VTR!!
Thats what i was thinking!! Anything is better than the wheels on it, hardly the best thing Renault has come up with lol.

What else would you do to it? Anyone?

Wes

Saxo VTR!!
lol, now were talking! Im liking the 16" Oz alloys idea! Was thinking of getting all the black strips on exterior color coded too!! Not a big fan of those!

What ya think of these cars? I reckon its a cheap little pocket rocket!! :D

Wes

visualize whirled pe
I recommend them, good cars.

I've had mine for about a year and a half. They are quite nippy, comfortable and not bad on fuel, if I was buying again though I would have gone for a 1.4 16v but save the difference in tax, fuel and insurance every year happily, for the difference in performance.

I agree about the alloys, even my dad said he thinks they look a bit naff and he's an old geezer who's usually not bothered about things like wheels.

Saxo VTR!!
lol, well the mrs reckons they go to go! Although she knows more about cars than me! I think i will have to go speak to bank and then go look at a few! And see what happens! I got insurance quote of about £800, so its not too bad!! Will pass the time until i can get into 172 territory! :D
The fuel will be an issue, i do 60miles a day! :(
But bothered, just means i will do it quicker! :D

visualize whirled pe
Don't have any illusions, the performance isnt shattering even though when testing a number of 1.6 16v's mine felt more brisk than some of the others, which is one reason why I bought it.

I get about 300 miles to £30 in a good week but if you push it, like any car, i'll use the fuel. All in all though it can be driven reasonably economically.

My gf's Ka is cheaper to run, on the same journey, every week by about £8-10 which dosent sound like a lot but over a year that's £384 which basicly is the cost of comp insurance AND car tax on the Ka for a year. Saying that the drop in performance in the Ka compaired to the clio is very noticeable.