ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.6 cutting out at traffic lights

clio 1.6 automatic
Any suggestions as to why my T reg 1.6 Clio auto should be cutting out when I slow down at traffic lights or when sitting in a cue of traffic(yesterday it cut out 6 times in one queue!!!)?
It has been to a garage a few times and they have replaced the idle control valve and a valve to do with the fuel but still no luck.Next stop is going to be a Renault garage.

Any advice would be very welcome....thanks

clio 1.6 automatic
Thanks for that.When I phoned the Renault garage earlier they said it could be the TDC sensor?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
its one of those hit a miss jobs i think, go for the cheapest first and work your way up till its sorted. Like i said above the dodge dakota had various things replaced before it was back in full working order.

Funny thing is now his nypd crown victoria has started doing the same thing lol

Start with the small things. When were your spark plugs last changed i've seen cars with the same symptoms that just needed the plugs changed.

clio 1.6 automatic
car had a service in August and the spark plugs were changed then,problem had started before then and is still no better.
Um Dick can't find any post about the TDC sensor on this thread!!! and no the car does not cut out over 3000 rpm. It just cuts out when slowing down at traffic lights,sitting in traffic or like the other day,going round a corner!!!

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
I have a 1.6 too and mine cut out when cold, ended up changing the tdc Sensor, still found that it ticked over quite low so cleaned the throttle body and that sorted everything, the only other thing I can think of is a clogged fuel filter as cutting out when you go round a corner sounds more like fuel starvation.

Clio MK 4
Could be lambda sensor air flow, tdc sensor. Try get it on diagnostic machine.

Does it do it when you let the revs drop? Before it about to do it do you feel as if the power is very lumpy and you cant drive smoothly?