ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.8 16v suspension

Hello, I'm buying new suspension for my clio 1.8 16v. Do you have any suggestions for what to buy?
I am glad to see a valver being overhauled! :)

Personally speaking, I think OEM/standard is a good choice for road driving.

Or you could swap to a Williams setup, which would need the longer wishbones from the Williams. (I think you can also use Renault 19 16v wishbones, or 172 Cup wishbones??)

I am not sure if the parts are available New from Renault, though.

If you have the money, overhauling the suspension bushes and Top Mounts is also a good idea :)

I am glad to see a valver being overhauled! :)

Personally speaking, I think OEM/standard is a good choice for road driving.

Or you could swap to a Williams setup, which would need the longer wishbones from the Williams. (I think you can also use Renault 19 16v wishbones, or 172 Cup wishbones??)

I am not sure if the parts are available New from Renault, though.

If you have the money, overhauling the suspension bushes and Top Mounts is also a good idea :)
Thanks for reply,
I think i'll get the standard ones. Can you please send me a link where i can get bushes and top mounts?
And what do you think about Bilstein B8 dampers?

I *think* Partsouk should list the part numbers, which you could take to a Renault dealer and ask them to check availability of each part? :)

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/locate?c=Renault

Look at the 'Clio (phase 1 & 2) (PR 1262)' section - there are two models in the list with F7P engines but I do not know the difference between them!

This is the list I used for my Williams suspension conversion (i.e. all Williams parts), although it is not complete:

https://cliosport.net/threads/clio-1-8-16vsuspension.124038/#post-1402641

I am not familiar with the Bilstein dampers but they are a well-renowned company that makes quality products :)

Clio Mk1 1.8 16v
Hey there. I am working with Clio mk1 1.8 16v and I am looking front suspension also but I dont have money to buy new. Can I take a suspension and brakes from some old Renault like Megane? Are there any old Renault witch brake calibers fit to my Clio? Brake caliber retainer bolts are about 80 mm apart. I also need everything above McPherson. Bearings and all. Can I use normal Clio mk1 suspension on 16v?

I have to use old and easy to get parts to build my car. So