ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v - Hybrid

Tungy
Went down to Portsmouth yesterday and picked myself up a Megane F7R with everything on it (Gearbox, loom, ecu, manifolds and a few other bits and bobs). This is going to be my toy to tinker with in the garage now over the winter. I won'y be putting it in until about spring unless my engine or gearbox blows up! (more than likely will).

Here's a couple of pics. Excuse the quality, I don't think I can stand still as my phones pics aren't usually this bad!

Photo-0363.jpg

Photo-0364.jpg

Photo-0365.jpg

Photo-0368.jpg

Plan to clean it all up, paint and polish some bits.

I also have some kent cams and piper verniers for a clio 16v head. Anyone know if they'll fit the megane head or will I need to use my 16v head?

For the gurus on here. I may be in contact with one or 2 of you at some point for some advice on which head, ecu, chip to fit etc.

Thanks Brad

172 sport/Clio 16v T
I know one thing if you decide to get rid of you F7P block gimme a PM
i'm only in notts and need one pretty soon!!

Tungy
Dan. Why can't I just use the megane head with the megnae loom and ecu? Would the cams fit the head? I'm polishing the inlet up at work today. Am I wasting my time as I'm guessing this won't fit the 16v head if I need to put that on?

the ecu and loom has the immobiliser like the 172. a uch, and decoder ring. so onless you want to go through the same problems i have i'd just get the head machined tbh.

16v head'll fit no probs. just run a 2.0 headgasket.

Tungy
Gotcha! Cheers. How much will it be to get the head machined? I like the look of the megane head/covers, but might be cheaper to buy a 16v head say £50 or sommat.

williams and trophy
as above really. u can get the meg head to work, but means fukkin about . whip the head off, and go for a valver/williams head.

unless u wanna bolt some throttle bodies on, in which case leave the meggy head on. and u get to keep the megs covers ;)

the cams will fit in either of the heads mate. 1.8, 2.0, or meg.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
why not use the engine as is, with the new cams, and get the ECU unlocked?? Saves getting all bits then.

Tungy
Few updates. Apologies for quality of pics and lighting again, mum and dad have gone away with the digital camera.

I've made a mess so far of my dads garage. Which I said I wouldn't, whoopsie.

Megane head. Will be selling this and fitting a 16v head.
Photo-0369.jpg

Photo-0370.jpg

Photo-0371.jpg

Photo-0372.jpg

Was quite worried when I saw these scores, look quite deep! Someone obviously didn't set the timing up right :p Should be okay though...
Photo-0373.jpg

Photo-0374.jpg

Photo-0375.jpg

And a couple of my dads new KTM for any bikers out there. I'm still to have a go on it.

Photo-0376.jpg

Photo-0377.jpg
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=279520&highlight=bradharding

Brad

Tungy
Quick update for anyone that might be interested. Not much so far I'm afraid due to fundage. But got some bits painted up:

2007_01070003.jpg

2007_01070004.jpg

2007_01070002.jpg

2007_01070001.jpg

Tar
Brad

Tungy
Little bumpage.

Cleaned the head and ports up a lot, got it skimmed, removed the valves, cleaned them and relapped them.

Head is now assembled with kent cams, piper pulleys, new headgasket, new valve stem oil seals and headbolts and fitted onto the bottom end.

Put a brand new cambelt kit (belt, idler and tensioner) on and timed it up. Getting there :D

DSCF0230.jpg

DSCF0238.jpg

DSCF0239.jpg

DSCF0245.jpg

DSCF0244.jpg

Tungy
Was hoping the red cam cover will sort of blend in with my red seats and red calipers. We will see when it's in. Not sure what to do with the plastics yet, but that's a while off.

Rb 182
Little bumpage.

Cleaned the head and ports up a lot, got it skimmed, removed the valves, cleaned them and relapped them.

Head is now assembled with kent cams, piper pulleys, new headgasket, new valve stem oil seals and headbolts and fitted onto the bottom end.

Put a brand new cambelt kit (belt, idler and tensioner) on and timed it up. Getting there :D

DSCF0230.jpg

DSCF0238.jpg

DSCF0239.jpg

DSCF0245.jpg

DSCF0244.jpg

Looking very nice that mate. Keep up the good work.

:star:

Tungy
Bumparoonee!

Here is a few pics how it sits now:
DSCF0269.jpg

DSCF0246.jpg

My inlet which I've spent over 4 hours polishing. It's far from perfect, and I've only polished what can be seen. But it looks okay:
DSCF0263.jpg

DSCF0264.jpg

DSCF0265.jpg

And how it looks on the engine:
DSCF0267.jpg

And my nice new GTT uprated clutch:
DSCF0271.jpg

Sorry about the pics size! Cba to crop them.
Hopefully she'll be about ready to go in in a few weeks :)

P.S Some bits e.g. Crank pulley etc will be cleaned up and sprayed before they go on properly. Just incase anyone pics some faults :p
Thanks for looking
Brad

Tungy
Well... Was hoping to get it done this weekend but it didn't hapen due to a few hold ups :( Found out earlier today the starter motor was damaged and not really useable, and my valver one was too fat! But eventually I managed to source a refurbed one from a motor factors. Looks brand new! :D

Image041.jpg

Gave the subframe and bay a quick pressure wash as it was a reet mess. Must get some arch liners soon :p Came up okay.

Image042.jpg

Anywas I finnaly got it in place and a few things buttoned up before calling it a day just before 6, so I could spend half hour or so with Rachel before she went home, as I've been working on it all weekend. Should have it all linked up and *touches wood* running in the next couple of days :D

Image043.jpg

Peekaboo!
Image044.jpg

Image046.jpg

BMW M135i
Aye looking very good indeed. Well on the way now, you'll have to give me a shout if you ever need a hand with anyway not too far away and I wouldn't mind a gander :).

Tungy
Haha. Cheers chaps. Yeah will meet up some time bmh. My gf lives in Tamworth so could divert off into Nuneaton on route sometime. We sometimes go to Bermuda park for F&B's and cinema.

Tungy
All up and working :). Still want to tidy the bay up a bit. FIrst off is a new Induction kit as this one njust doesn't blend in! And repaint my strut brace and put that back in, and new plastics! Maybe new hearder tank! And new fuel hosing!
Image051.jpg

2 Beasts!
Image049.jpg

And she is running a dream! :D