ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 16v misfire

got a small problem with my 1991 clio 16v, wondering if u guys have any suggestions........

Car starts and idles fine, revs up fine and has been driving fine for ages BUT............

last day or two i have had a problem where when driving along every now and again it will seem to missfire and then be fine again. gradually seems to be getting more often.

checked plugs/leads etc are all tight i was thinking maybe it could be the ignition coil breaking down??? any opinions?? ideas??

cheers

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

poss:-

dizzy cap

tdc sensor

coil pack/module

have you changed the leads and plugs or just looked at them?

ok.......

changed the dizzy cap and rotor arm and changed the coil..........

car seems to run fine for random lengths of time and then will occasionally seem to miss fire just once (enuff that its like u lift clean off the throttle for a sec then its fine again)

funny thing is it seems to occur more as the air temperature outside drops. engine water temp gauge reads as it should.

any more ideas?

also just changed the TDC/engine speed sensor and still the problem is there.... anyone know how much a new map sensor and throttle potentiometer are?

2005 Nissan Navara

instead of changin random sensors, why dont u test them???

test all sensors managment uses. this way u will save time and money replacing things that it could be

BMW 320d Sport

you have pulled the plugs and checked that the plug wells are dry havent you? Water down the wells is a very common cause of this sort of problem as the plug boots dont seal very well at the bottom.

BTW if youre into testing every single component, itll save you time if you just go to Renault and just get them to run a diagnostic with an XR25 box.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

with the right info you can check almost all sensors on the injection system apart from the map sensor.the design of the map sensor means that it cannot be checked with a multimeter.