ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 16v modifying project!!!!

Bmw M4 & Clio 16v

I am looking to buy a clio 16v cheaply and then break it. I am after the shell with all panels except the bonnet, suspension, axels and brakes, fully working dash, heating, front wipers, electric windows and glass. but then the rest of the car is totally up for grabs!

I then wanna buy a very low mileage engine to go in the car, so I can use it as a base for my modified clio project. Where would be the best place to find such a car? I really dont wanna pay much for the shell as want the cash for the engine etc.

Help?

To be honest, theres not a big advantage in buying a low mileage engine as long as its been looked after (i.e. lots of oil changes). The wear on the bottom end in particular is practically non-existent well beyond 100,000 miles. In fact, some of the fastest standardish 16Vs (BenJ, AaronC) are on well over that.

I would do your research and strongly suggest going for the 2.0 F7R (Williams/Phase1 Megane 2.0) bottom end when you want something to plonk in the engine bay - you can use all the standard 16V bits apart from the ECU and starter with that.