ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v phase one or two

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

phas 2 were introducd 94, i had a 94 phase 1 valver, one of the last phase 1s i think, before it went to an M plate. then it was phase 2

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Can tell by seats, bump strips, front grille, instruments, wing mirrors, wheels and other things that I cant remember off hand!

Unless you got a phase 1 like mine that has bits of both on it!!

Quote: Originally posted by 2low2809 on 06 July 2004
gay bar! how can i tell mine is phase 1 or 2 then? i got an L

phase 1 i think fella

the obvious bit is the rub strips on the side if theyre thin with no 16v bage on them its a phase 1, it should have a badge around the side repeaters,

it its a ph2 the strips will be thicker & smooth, there will be a 16v bagde in the strip.

the rear lights, on a ph1 have the black at the bottom straight, on a ph2 it goes up at the edges.

the door mirrors will be squarish on a ph1 & larger more rounded on a ph2

the grille on the ph1 has slats in it, on a ph 2 its smooth.

the wheels on a ph 1 are turbines on a ph2 they are 5 spoke speedline vege alloys (especially for renault)

so all in all there are quite a few cosmetic changes ( i havent listed them all, like interior etc)

Just look at the front grill between the bonnet and bumper phase 1 has 2 flat strips of plastic ph2 has one cured piece of plastice also the wing mirrors are bigger on the ph2 which is odd.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Ph1 has the two bar grille, ph2 single bar. Ph1 has narrow bump strips with like a channel running through it, ph2 wider and smooth. Theyre the quickest way of telling. There are others like mirrors, rear lights, alloys, position of side 16v badge (ph1 on side indicator, ph2 on door bump strip).

if your still in doubt mate, go to the media section, type in valver,

there are lots of phase 1 and 2 on there, or failing that look a the section on the main page.

thanks to the parrots- outlining what i just said earlier (just kidding) folks

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Just look at the log book and see when it was first registered, will tell you alot more than the stick on bits that are on it!!

1992 could be Early Phase1 or Late Phase1 too, as they changed it slightly again in 1993.. ;)

J Regs are early Phase1..

Upload some pics, and we can tell from there.. heh.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

What was the difference there Daz?

I know there were different seats on phase ones - I took the hideous blue and yellow ones out and put the plain blue flecked ones in!

Other than that didnt know anything was different?

Js were different to Later Phase1s.. (off top of my head, so could be more!).

Steering Wheel Centre
Blue/Yellow Flecks on Seats on J regs.
Tilt Only Sunroof (Manual)
No One-Touch Window Switches (I think..)
Small RenaultSport Original Logo on doors
Erm, if I think of anything else, Ill post, heh.

blimey, ive only ever seen a few valvers with this on, i had to ask on here what it was

(its the square on the bottom of the black strip at the edge of the doors)

they must be early !!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 07 July 2004

blimey, ive only ever seen a few valvers with this on, i had to ask on here what it was

(its the square on the bottom of the black strip at the edge of the doors)

they must be early !!
I have them, no one touch windows, and a tilt only sunroof. I though the lecky sunroof was on ph2 onwayds?

The seats did match the badge buit they looked awful and were in a mess so I replaced them with later phase one seats.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

my late ph1 had one touch, tilt and slide sunroof, electric mirrors etc, no logo on the doors, and the late seats!