ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 2001 key not deactivating alarm and immobiliser. Please help

Clio 172
Hello,

Went to unlock my 172 today and doors unlocked but alarm and immobiliser didn't deactivate.

I have checked the battery in fob and all fine.

Anyone have any ideals what's wrong. My spare key is broken so can't try that. Could the key fob of lost it's codeling with the alarm/immobiliser?

The alarm just keeps going off when I open a door and obviously immobiliser is stopping car starting.

Thanks in advance for your help.

James

phase 1 flamer 172
My no 1 key that I used stopped working, but my spare works fine, so yeah I guess keys can just die.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Hello,

Went to unlock my 172 today and doors unlocked but alarm and immobiliser didn't deactivate.

I have checked the battery in fob and all fine.

Anyone have any ideals what's wrong. My spare key is broken so can't try that. Could the key fob of lost it's codeling with the alarm/immobiliser?

The alarm just keeps going off when I open a door and obviously immobiliser is stopping car starting.

Thanks in advance for your help.

James
If you need a full 172 key ecu and uch set let me know bud i have one ready to go

Clio 172
Cleaned all Relays up which are next to battery and all fine now. Corrosion found on relays making poor connection.