ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Adventure

Hi

I recently Bid and won a clio ph1 172 in black from Ebay

Most of you commented that you would never buy a car from ebay

should of took your advice!!

traveled from newport to birmingham to pick up my ph 1 clio172..very excited at the thought of owning on again!!

Got there and the car was very untidy not at all what it looked like on the ebay advert...fag ash and fag burn in the leather seats the car needed a serious valet!!...alcantara was very worn on the drivers side.... silver paint showing through on the front bumper... front fog light not working...worst of all the engine had a severe rattle when ticking over and s**t loads of white smoke from the exhaust...:mad:

i was absolutly gutted.. dragged my dad up country to buy a shed..

after showing my disgust for the car to seller we came to an agreement
i would pay the listing fee and walk away....:(

on my way home realy pissed off now, and my dad said pick an autotrader and see whats about before we go home to wales....

ok........

glad i did...there was a awesome example of a clio ph1 172 in black for £4000...realy over my budget of £3400

rang up...the guy said the car was like brandnew only 36k on the clock
gotta come and see it

took a big risk and set off on my own!!!

dad left me at train staion in cheltham and i travled to lecister

two and a half hours later..arrived to view the clio..

i was over the moon what a minter.....struck a deal for £3500
and drove home...the seller was true to his word outstanding example
interior was fresh and clean not as stain or burn any where..the car felt loads better on the road then the other one..engine ticked over sweet
full service history with renault mobile 1 oil used from day 1
2 owners from new the spare wheel hasn't been used and still has the original michelin pilot tyre...

i was buzzing

check out the pics

what a cracking little car with bags of character....:D

zakk

All i can say is

SEEK and YE shall FIND!!

DSC00841.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

DSC00836.jpg

BG 182
Looks like an absolute minter! These are so rare in pearl black! Especially for that milage and that price! Good job mate!

Any plans?

SchwepTek™
That does look absolutely mint and i am jealous. Want a ph1 more and more each time i see one!

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
fair play to you mate! fate!!!

^^^oh no you got the schwepster going hes only just got his how he wants it lol

Going keep it original and well looked after..

it honestly feels like when i bought my first 172 in 2002
although that one was silver..same smell in the car and low mileage

well chuffed

BG 182
Going keep it original and well looked after..

it honestly feels like when i bought my first 172 in 2002
although that one was silver..same smell in the car and low mileage

well chuffed

Very wise decision there matey

Looks a great buy, well done :approve:

do ppl still use tapes thought it was mp3 these days
Lol, I have that head unit too (it's standard) He'll probably have a changer under the drivers seat, I have.

I'm not up with all of the mp3 shizzle :eek:

Lots of Alfas
She looks a beuty. Somebody bought my old 1.2 on ebay, they paid by posting a cheque which i waited to clear, they didnt even come to look at the car once. It was a good honest car but its amazing what trust some people have and how they will part with lots of there money without even seeing what they are buying..