ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 at idle

VW Potato

I popped open the bonnet to fill the washer resevoir yesterday while my engine was idling. The engine was warm. It sounds quite rattly, well maybe not rattly, but sort of gurgly, if that makes any sense? Its a peach when running and it pulls like a Latino when you accelerate, so I dont think anythings a miss. How do yours sound please?

g

ICE'dberg MK2 172

I think they all sound like that with the bonnet open...theres a lot of sound deadening in there.

or.....get a K-Tec exhaust....you wont hear anything else then LOL! ;)

VW Potato

ok, phew, thats a relief! Its done just done 7k...i might change its name from Puppy to Bomber - it bloody well flys!:D

g

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by chris172 on 29 December 2002

I think they all sound like that with the bonnet open...theres a lot of sound deadening in there.

or.....get a K-Tec exhaust....you wont hear anything else then LOL! ;)

what ? eh ? someone say something ?

S2000

Is it that loud, I was thinking of getting one to replace the piece of **** that Reno bolt on!(8 months from new and the exhaust goes!:mad:)