ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup Brake Pads

Need new front Brake Pads for Clio 172 Cup and would like to do some shopping around, can any one advise what the standard Cup pads are?

Cheers

Chris

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I presume they are just standard renault pads same as the other sport models?? Or i might be talking a load of crap,lol.
The ferrodo 2500 pads are supposed to be a good replacement..

Hi, thanks for your response.

When I bought the car the reports\renault info etc... said that due to it being the Cup version and having no ABS the pads were a certain kind of Race pad to compensate for the lack of ABS so I am assuming they are different pads to the 172 Sport.

I am going to be selling the car soon and am just arranging a service and pad replacement, thing is I dont want to ask Renault to change the pads as it will be too expensive so I am hoping to find out what the standard pads are and then buy them elsewhere. I would like to keep the car standard with it having the balance of warranty and me selling it.

Any advice would be much appreciated,

cock mobile.
They are the same as any other 172 / 182.

You can get replacement parts from lots of places!

Cup brakes are the same as the rest of the range. The 182 has different pads with chamfers on them but the 172 pad is now discontinued and the 182 is the replacment pad.

Unless you've had trouble I'd stay with stock DS2500s are a popular good value upgrade just make sure you have the brakes bled when you change the pads as it makes a huge difference.