ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO 172 CUP whats she worth

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Cuppy 172 on 01 April 2005

Surely they are more mk1 172s in the uk than cups. I beleive only 2400 cups were built for the uk and with the lack of driving aids the cup has they are alot in the scrappy!
How many Mk1s do you see? Ive only seen mine, there are 2 cups at my gym and 2 CTRs and 2 Focus RSs for that matter! MK1s rule! ;)

But MK2s did when I had one of those!

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Clart on 01 April 2005

how can lack of ABS be a good thing?
Accord to Renault it was. Lack of ABS was meant to make the Cup brake more suitable for trackday use. Id rather have em though.

After all what % of owners are trackday users. 20%?

172 cup

I just paid around 9k for my 2004 53 plate 172 cup. Sure for another 1000-1500 i could have got a cheapish 182 but the 172 cup is more my type of car. When i was looking about the standard 172 definitely seems to be more common than the cup therefore prices seemed slightly lower. Ive seen a couple of mk1 172s going for the 6500-7000 mark so based on that ud get at least that for a cup, as its a newer, nicer looking and better car. All IMHO of course. :)

Just sold my 53 CUP for £8800.

Could have probably got a little more than that too.

If anyone else in the South East has a low mileage one for sale PM me as I have another guy who wanted mine too.