ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172- daily hack ongoing project

Clio 172
Hi there I have been on this forum for a while now and thought it was about time I posted a thread/ few pics up of my 2002 172.
Bought this about 4 months back to replace my e36 coupe and tbh am still loving being back in one of these. It's an ongoing project and daily so there ain't gonna be masses of progress all in 1 hit. Any way I will let the pics do the talking now.

image-8.jpg

image-6.jpg

image-7.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-5.jpg

it does have a few modifications on it ATM that include.....
. Coilovers
. Custom stealth cat back
. Poly bushed lower arms
. Poly bushed dog bone mount
. Uprated alloy radiator
. Panel filter
. Badges and front and rear in spray shop getting sprayed ford purple velvet
. Uprated top mounts
. Rear camber shims
. Front 10mm spacers
. Fast road pads all round
. Dewiperd rear

That is all for now but there is plenty more in the pipeline and I will update this thread as I go but for now it's just cleaning it up and sorting small annoying things with it. Let me know what you think all opinions welcome good or bad. Cheers for looking.

Tom

Many.
Thats very low! Needs bigger front spacers to pull it off properly.

Where abouts in essex are you?

Clio 172
5 mins from stansted airport mate. I have 20mm spacers here but it scrubs on lock now so I'm raising it a bit and running slight camber on the front to keep the tyres away from the wings.

Many.
I'm just over in Dunmow :)

Raising will be a good idea, Get some camber bolts in there too, don't go to mad with camber however.

Clio 172
Ye? I'm elsenham mate. About 10 mins away. It needs raising as the wishbones are inverted badly ATM but that's how I bought the car just haven't got round to doing it yet. Na I only want to run minimal camber to bring the top of the wheels away from the wings

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Looks tidy.I'd raise the back too and give it a bit of rake.Looks arse heavy at the moment.

Many.
Ye? I'm elsenham mate. About 10 mins away. It needs raising as the wishbones are inverted badly ATM but that's how I bought the car just haven't got round to doing it yet. Na I only want to run minimal camber to bring the top of the wheels away from the wings

Yeah I know where that is, Had family that way.

If you ever want a hand, I'm always offering. I do have some camber bolts I could be tempted to part with too.

Clio 172
Ye mate I might take you up on that soon mate. Im fitting a few bits next weekend and ordering a lot of stuff also like new clutch, cambelt, dephaser, brakes, and some small bits I want to tidy up. Always nice having another pair of eyes and hands mate