ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 de cat pipe with silencer

Looking at buying a de cat pipe from k tec, was woundering if the car would fail its emissions test for the M.O.T. its a X reg 172 mk1 with 32k on the clock, any help appriciated, thanks

PH2 vts
in theory a well set up car will pass emissions test, but a cat will always help when a car is cold and running rich

I had one of k-tec's silenced de-cat's installed on my W reg 172 Mk1. It's a real ball ache to install it simply because renault cram EVERYTHING in and you can't get your fingers behind where it bolts onto the manifold. Plus the bolts on the standard twin cats are so tight and always at extreme heats they usually just brake straight off when you un-do them. I think it's worth doing though. If you don't want to do it yourself a tire and exhaust centre should charge no more than £20-30 to put it on although they will hate you for it.

MOT in June/July - so i'll have to find out myself but the silenced cat looks more like a cat than a standard straight through pipe so 1) it may fool them a little and 2) hopefully the emmissions will not be bad enough to fail.