ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Exclusive project almost mint

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
So today is Engine bay finishing time.

ECU casing has seen better days so decided to remove, sand down, prep, paint & refit.

3hrs later after various stages of sanding here is where I am at. Now remove engine mount as I have a new one on the way.

Oh look at this below the battery! Looks like this car might of been standing for a while given a squirrel or similar has clearly been here.....

IMG_1289.JPG
IMG_1290.JPG
IMG_1291.JPG
IMG_1294.JPG
IMG_1295.JPG
IMG_1296.JPG
IMG_1297.JPG
IMG_1298.JPG
IMG_1299.JPG
IMG_1300.JPG

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers lads, I could go further with bay but at the end of the day I want to drive it, anymore would mean i would spoil it pretty quick if driven.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
We had a light colour leather sofa and it looked OK until you wiped a bit then it showed how grubby it actually had gotten. When's the paint being done?

172 Cup
Wow! You are making light work of getting this up to spec.

Are you sure it didn't come like that and you sprinkled some dirt and a couple of pound coins down to make it look like a tough job :wink:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Great work looks so so clean now, credit to you!
I genuinely still have nothing nice to say about the exclusive leathers though, flol

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Like this a lot.
Get some Gtechniq L1 or similar on the seats to help with blocking dye transfer from dark clothes etc.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Like this a lot.
Get some Gtechniq L1 or similar on the seats to help with blocking dye transfer from dark clothes etc.

Going to get sills and paint done next month, once back I'm going to use a DA for the 1st time and use Gtechniq on exterior + interior. Can't wait!

Lovely! Did the Exclusive also come with the horrible suede/alcantara steering wheel like the other ph1's? Can't imagine that wheel is original, right?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Found a really good body shop via recommendation. Sound guy and is working on a couple of mexicos ground restores, great workmanship.

Booked in end of April for sills then beginning of June for paint :)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Found a really good body shop via recommendation. Sound guy and is working on a couple of mexicos ground restores, great workmanship.

Booked in end of April for sills then beginning of June for paint :)
Can you buy a full sill mate?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Can you buy a full sill mate?

He's going to strip 1st and inspect from there. He reckons he can fabricate with his own materials a better fitting replacement for the rear section. I have checked the front section with a bore scope and it's fine.

Last edited: