ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Exhausts

Please help!

I am thinking about treating myself to a new pipe for my Cup. Thing is which one? I am reluctant to go for Magnex as on my last car I lost 8bhp in changing from an Ashley to a Magnex! The Magnex looked sh1t hot though.

Can anyone on which to go for with the 172 and any pics would be greatly appreciated.

How does the Magnex sound -deep, raspy, pop on the down change etc?? Feel any dif with it? Love the look of it.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by MAC30L on 14 August 2003

How does the Magnex sound -deep, raspy, pop on the down change etc?? Feel any dif with it? Love the look of it.
Yeah thats about it - deep & rumbly (sp?). Quite loud around 80mph, quieter either side of that. Felt loads faster after Id had it fitted but Im sure that was just the noise. Car makes good numbers on the rolling-road though so the zorst must be ok.

Car makes good numbers on the rolling-road though so the zorst must be ok.

What power are you running exactly and with what mods?

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 14 August 2003

158 at the wheels, only other engine mod is Pipercross panel filter.
More importantly whats your best 1/4 mile? and terminal speed

Supersprint? Just been on their website and it seems to be mostly BMs that they cater for. Something yourre not telling us? Or maybe it was me being Internet ill-it-er-ate :oops:

Anymore pics from anyone. At present I seem to swaying in favour of the Magnex for looks anyway.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 14 August 2003

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 14 August 2003

158 at the wheels, only other engine mod is Pipercross panel filter.
More importantly whats your best 1/4 mile? and terminal speed
15.4 @ 88.8. But that was before I realised that you had to use 4th gear :p

Fancy a closer look at the Magnex. Anyone in the Central Belt Alloa/Stirling/Fife area got one? I spotted a Cup in Stirling with a nice pipe - looked like a Magnex (twin), but posted a thread in Spotted but no replies.

Wondering if anyone has seen a tailpipe cut into the rear bumper??

I fancy a boxter style oval in the centre, but cut in rather than sitting under the bumper.. !!

Who can make a custom pipe for me??!

Stu

ooops just had a read "Front pipe Stainless steel Replaces Kat" I take it that means a de-cat pipe:)

Im really interested in this supersprint exhaust, will it fit a mark 2?

mines a mk 2 and yes it will fit the price i have for back box and center section is 328 in vat with 10% discount decat is about 80 i think

if you look at the decat pipes on both supersprint exhausts there only appears to be 1 hole for the lambda sensor as if these were for the mk1 172

and not the mk2 with 2 lambda sensors

Clio 1.6 16V

Neil82cup, I think the supersprint "race" system will be mega loud as there is no CAT and only one straight through silencer ..... and you think the K-Tek is loud? LOL Also there is nowhere I can see to screw in the lambda sensors on the CAT replacement pipe. Can see a union for one lambda on the "street" CAT replacement though. I presume the second sensor has to be resistor frigged?

Sorry mailto:m@thew">m@thew we just posted the same theme at the same time!

Are these exhausts any better than the renault one? has anyone proven the power gains b4 and after on a RR on the same day?

the race one is designed for rallying we have a theory that the 2nd sensor isnt needed if it is just left in fresh air as it thinks thecat is still there :D

Quote: Originally posted by MAC30L on 14 August 2003

Fancy a closer look at the Magnex. Anyone in the Central Belt Alloa/Stirling/Fife area got one? I spotted a Cup in Stirling with a nice pipe - looked like a Magnex (twin), but posted a thread in Spotted but no replies.

Mac - that might have been me. I work in Stirling..but its a K-Tec Ive got on the Cup (twin pipes). Small plate on the front and ClioSport sticker in the rear window if that helps narrow it down. Quite happy to take you for a spin if that helps make up your mind :)

The_Gza - that would be great if you could mate. I am off all weekend if you fancy meeting up? PM as to your where abouts and I can pop out and meet up with you.