ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 - Missing air intake pipe

Clio 172
Hey, I recently bought a 02 Clio 172. Everything is good with the car (touch wood), however it is missing the air intake pipe that runs between the bottom right of the filter box, and the lower right corner of the bumber (as you are looking at the car from the front).
My knowledge of mechanics is quite limited, hence the following question...:eek: What kind of air intake pipe do I need to fit? Does it have to be a specific type? Any idea how much it would cost to buy? The filter box is standard as far as I can tell.

Cheers
Jim:D

172 cup- suzu rf600r
hey mate, it might be the pipe that some people remove for a better induction sound, if so id imagine someone on here might have one for ya? failing that id raid a scrapyard

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
^ listen to that man (even if he is too tight/lazy/busy to pay his forum fees!).

Whats a bumber ?

Edit: I meant Fred, not the crossdresser...!

Clio 172
Are there any negative effects that would come from leaving it off? I'm not sure if all that warm air being sucked in through the hole is doing the engine any good. If* I can track one down, I will put it back in place. I have already contacted several breakers yards and garages, but to no avail. Anyone have one kicking around?:)

Cheers for the help.
Jim.

330i. E30 Touring.
Don't worry about putting it back.

The air in that part of the engine bay is no warmer than just behind the front bumper.

Clio 172
Forum ate my post, so 2nd attempt - Looking like I will leave it off. Just one last question. A friend mentioned that the intake pipe might* be required in order for the engine to sense the amount of air it is receiving. Is this true?

Jim:)