ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 mk1 ECU Upgrade

Clio RS 172 Mk1
Hi i'm from South Africa and drive a Clio 172 Mk1 2001 model, I would just like to know what would the best option be for me as far as ECU upgrades go and would it just be a straight swap, since my car is in SA and would be able to do it myself, what type of power gains would I be looking at?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
vetonix said:
Hi i'm from South Africa and drive a Clio 172 Mk1 2001 model, I would just like to know what would the best option be for me as far as ECU upgrades go and would it just be a straight swap, since my car is in SA and would be able to do it myself, what type of power gains would I be looking at?

The gains you would see are approx 7hp and 10lbft. It's not a diy upgrade but you could buy an ecu which would replace your existing one.

We can supply an ECU which was mapped ready to fit

PM Me for details

Cheers

Paul

Remap Tuning Available
BHP will also depend on fuel quality ,, if your using 93Ron then realisticly you may see less power.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
bellautos said:
BHP will also depend on fuel quality ,, if your using 93Ron then realisticly you may see less power.

Good point

I think SA have now got 95 throughout though?

Paul

Clio RS 172 Mk1
hi paul,

i'e sent you a private message thanks!

yes you're right its 95 throughout, hope that's sufficient..

regards

Hey Vetonix,

I live in Randburg and also own a 172 mk1. I've done some research on piggybacks and remaps. You can get a remap from Frieling racing. Gains should be around 10hp with premium fuel (95 RON) and the cost is R3200.

Where in SA are you?

Clio RS 172 Mk1
hi govend_d

i'm in cape town, have you considered doing this? have you done any mods at all to your clio?

Remap Tuning Available
I think R3200 is a good price for this job ,,

In the uk it would be the equilevent to about R3540.

And yes i think you should be ok with 95(RON) fuel

I haven't done any mods to the car as yet. I'm just trying to get the car mechanically sound before I proceed with mod's.

The stuff I've done on the car in last 3 months include cambelt, aux belt, clutch, crank shaft seal, dogbone mount, sub frame mount, front and rear shocks, front and rear brakes, front and rear wheel bearings, gearbox oil and spark plugs.

The stuff that still needs to be done include, aux belt tensioner and throttle cable. Needless to say this car has cost me a packet but I'm still in love with it.

The mod's that I am going to do will be 4-2-1 branch, 63 mm freeflow exhaust, battery relocation to boot, new induction system and a ECU remap.

Can't wait to complete the mod's.

Clio RS 172 Mk1
hi govend,

thanks for the info, im based in cape town, only problem...also looking at getting the inlet manifold ported and polished, was quoted R2400 to get that done, wonder if thats a fair price?