ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 not starting, possible rats nest of problems

Clio 172
Hi, I brought a 172 project that doesn’t start, I started going through the wiring and it’s been chopped and spliced and doesn’t look to pretty , the fuel pump wasn’t priming and I found the fuel pump fuse was melted so I replaced that, still nothing, checked the relays and they look corroded so cleaned them up swapped them round and still nothing, Put 12v to the fuel pump and didn’t hear anything so I have changed the fuel pump for a second hand one off eBay and it still isn’t priming, it now just spins and the engine light with stop in the middle now flashes

I’m going to try and borrow a snap on code reader of someone I know but has anyone on here got any idea to try ?

Thanks in advance
Josh

Attachments

• 0363C9E1-75F3-4A48-B50E-0FEB21B80A65.MP4
    1.8 MB
  dan's cast offs.
code reader won't tell you anything, ecu isn't getting power. will no doubt be other issues.

So the engine turns over with the key, and the pump works with direct power but has no power when cranking the engine?

Could be the immobiliser ring failed? Do you have another key you could try first?

There's been a couple of threads recently with that issue IIRC.

Clio 172
So the engine turns over with the key, and the pump works with direct power but has no power when cranking the engine?

Could be the immobiliser ring failed? Do you have another key you could try first?

There's been a couple of threads recently with that issue IIRC.

No the pump still doesn’t prime and the old
One didn’t work when you put 12v straight to it, only one key I’m afraid. The immobiliser light goes out so I’m not sure it is the immobiliser ring. The person I got it from said that he parked it up and it went after a few weeks he went to it and it wouldn’t start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
Buy a used loom and replace. If its been chopped and spliced I would get a used known loom and replace. Try the engine loom first

Clio 172
I am going to break it for parts and not chuck money at it, a thread will be going up in a few days but it is on the Facebook group atm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk