ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 paddle clutch

172 turbo & BMW 1m
hey
i have a problem with my clutch ,when the car is cold its fine but when its been running for 15 mins,when i press the clutch down it makes a loud creeking noise

is this a worn or dry clutch release bearing?

does anyone know whare to get a paddle clutch kit at a good price .the one i have fitted thenow is from k-tec but they want 440 bigones for it.

also how long should my clutch last for i dont do track days but do give it a a good go out on the road

cheers

172 turbo & BMW 1m
long story! haha

you have to supply part number, get it off their website - madness!

lol was just looking on the website.

when changing the clutch do you have to fit a new bearing ,clutch cover and drive plate or do you get away with just changing the drive plate and bearing?

ITB'd MK1
helix direct

they forward you to someone else too IIRC

why you wanting a paddle? I'd at most use a Helix organic. Paddle clutches dont have the durability, and unless you're running huge power you dont need the extra torque handling

edit, just noticed it's turbo.....I'd still use organic though, it'll last longer

172 turbo & BMW 1m
they forward you to someone else too IIRC

why you wanting a paddle? I'd at most use a Helix organic. Paddle clutches dont have the durability, and unless you're running huge power you dont need the extra torque handling

edit, just noticed it's turbo.....I'd still use organic though, it'll last longer

i like the paddle it works well with the extra power

RS RIP
Marten, why are you looking for an uprated clutch ? The stock are fine for our power, change it more often yeah because you track it .

How is the box coming ?

182 trackday racer
Looks like it is to me. I wouldn't spec a. Paddle for the road

Lets just say I have lost my faith in Valeo and would like to run something with race specification to feel better. One epic fail is enough... Organic or paddle I dont care, but if both are Helix units I will go for the organic one.

Edit; Car is 70% track 30% road btw.

Last edited:
  DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
completely standard clutches have proven to cope with 220 lb/ft on numerous occassions now, the Helix one is just guaranteed to that level ;) the paddle has a very low torque handling rating too, but they both are a step up from standard

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
hmmm, i'm thinking on low boosting my f7r with 7psi.
think it will end up in 220bhp and a tad more then 220lb/ft. i know a f7p turbo with helix paddle friction plate and volvo 480 press. plate which handles 280 bhp.

would s*ck if i try and have to get the gearbox out again when i notice the clutch doesn't cope with the torgue:S
but i do prefer the organic one cause it's going to be a daily driver...

172 cup- suzu rf600r
if the main problem at the moment is the creak then do a search it's fairly common, theres an easy fix guide which is basically spraying some grease into the hole behind the rubber grommet where the clutch lever goes in, did mine 6 months or so back and no problems since :)