ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 - Phase 1 Values?

Just a quick one, I know there are several cheap Phase 1's out there at the moment but what is the general average going rate for them? The two I have seen are as follows, lets presume there in a good but used condition;

- Black, 90k, Partial Service History, 1 Month T&T.
- Silver, 55k, Full Service History, 10 Months Tax, 4 Months MOT.

Now theres several cars in the sub-£1.5k bracket and obviously theres been the SOTW article on pistonheads which won't have helped peoples mind set on valuation, but I wondered whats a realistic budget to set when buying (or selling).

What did you pay for your Phase 1, mileage, condition, etc?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Mileage is nothing on a car thats been religiously cherished. Buying a car with a chequered history as it were is a waiting game of problems.

Go with the best most cherished example you can afford. Renault Sport clios are very much getting what you pay for :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
as a rough guide-

80-100k - + 5 owners £1300-1500

65-80k + 4 owners £1400-1800

Sub 60k in good condition uo to 2k-

Obviously these would be in good condition with FSH inc belts

The best ones-- sub 50k very low owners mid 2's

S

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Are the above 2 cars up at similar money?? If so it's a no brainer for me, silver all the way!! Firstly FSH, secondly month mot, unless you take it for a mock mot and everything is ok. Even so, would steer clear.

Plenty of good and very good examples out there, just have to sift through the sheds, do your homework and not rush in mate. tbh the maximum I would look at spending on a phs 1 now is prob's about £1900 now with fsh, as any more I would spend a little more and be looking at 172 Cups.

Thanks for the replies, Steve thats a good guide and proves to me that my thoughts were correct as I think the black one is over priced at £2000, the silver one is a tad more but I'm sure an offer could be made. ABOO, again, you're on the money I expected to pay around £1500 for a used example and around £1900 for a good example... if its anymore than £2000 I'd be looking at some 172 Cups.

Just wanted to check I wasn't living in a dream world with prices.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Bang on the money I think mate;)

Liking the PHS 1 Flamer Steve. Looks good on iPod anyway!!

Also, PH2 what kind of 172 Cup would you get for £2500, a shoddy one or a clean but not mint example? I'm hopefully going to go see a PH1 on 55k over the next few days, as previously mentioned its a tad over priced but if it checks out OK and he'll take a sensible offer then I might just have bought my first Clio-Sport.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
yep- 24k miles-

Although a bit more than 2k....- I should have garaged it - going to be track prepped now.... :(

S

Maybe a 172 Cup..
I considered chopping my cup in for the one you had for sale a few months back steve, the one with ultra low miles/showroon condition, them cars are few and far between

Was this the one that is for sale now again in ireland mate?? Username Ferrett I think..

This is one thats just caught my eye; http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2380190.htm Aparently its got a cracked fog light, small door dink and a minor sign of rust on the rear arch, awaiting further pics of the 'bad points' other than the above, it sounds like it has potential just think the price is a tad high.

what are Clio's generally like for rust issue?

As far as im aware clios dont tend to rust, also id be asking about cam and aux change, £400-500 knocked of the price is this isnt done

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
i bought my red ph1 172 a few weeks back, full mot, 6m tax, excellent condition, brand new shocks and eibach springs fitted by previous owner, new discs and pads, mint interior, 104k, documented history, had just been serviced, drives perfect, i paid £1800, which i thought was great value for money for a cracking car. and a very rare colour.

monaco 172
Just a quick one, I know there are several cheap Phase 1's out there at the moment but what is the general average going rate for them? The two I have seen are as follows, lets presume there in a good but used condition;

- Black, 90k, Partial Service History, 1 Month T&T.
- Silver, 55k, Full Service History, 10 Months Tax, 4 Months MOT.

Now theres several cars in the sub-£1.5k bracket and obviously theres been the SOTW article on pistonheads which won't have helped peoples mind set on valuation, but I wondered whats a realistic budget to set when buying (or selling).

What did you pay for your Phase 1, mileage, condition, etc?

the top one is mine, it will have a years mot and 6 months tax when they expire!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
This is one thats just caught my eye; http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2380190.htm Aparently its got a cracked fog light, small door dink and a minor sign of rust on the rear arch, awaiting further pics of the 'bad points' other than the above, it sounds like it has potential just think the price is a tad high.

what are Clio's generally like for rust issue?

He will probably want 2.1 for that- maybe squeeze 2k looks tidy though-

S

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
i was glad i bought my ph1 as a non runner, car is in really good condition, and with the engine having a rebuild i know exactly what ive got. Doubt ill sell mine, will be towed to track day once its finished being a daily.

Earpl

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
i was glad i bought my ph1 as a non runner, car is in really good condition, and with the engine having a rebuild i know exactly what ive got. Doubt ill sell mine, will be towed to track day once its finished being a daily.

+1 paid £800 for my phase 1, with a blown engine. Rebuilt and dropped in a 45000 mile 182 engine.

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
i bought my sunflower 3 yrs ago at 88K for 2300. one owner from new and full renault history. bit of dodgy paintwork on the door where it had been keyed but hey ho its now over 10 yrs old. interior and rest of bodywork still comes up good.

only issue so far was a new clutch last year...

needs the belt doing now and tyres :(

thinks i got a bargain at the time !

Alpine GTA Turbo+182
i bought my sunflower 3 yrs ago at 88K for 2300. one owner from new and full renault history. bit of dodgy paintwork on the door where it had been keyed but hey ho its now over 10 yrs old. interior and rest of bodywork still comes up good.

only issue so far was a new clutch last year...

needs the belt doing now and tyres :(

thinks i got a bargain at the time !

Makes this one look super expensive,then!
http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2183611.htm

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
i guess it does. not keen on that one myself. wrong wheels, wrong bonnet and what to say about that exhaust - hideous......

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
i got mine for 2k, 73k, FSH, loads of receipts. a CS sticker ;) needed tax, 6 month test i think.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Paid 2k for mine back in August. 77k with FSH and all the belts replaced before i got it. Cheap/fun motoring if you ask me.

Dan

Discounted 1*2 parts
i paid under £1500 for mine (can't remember exactly now) had 80k on the clock with 5/6 owners. Looked OK and drove OK so i bought it. It wasn't until the car was up on a ramp that you could tell it had been in an accident and on closer inspection you could tell the car had a respray.

A couple of really cheap things sorted the faults and I think I got a good buy in the end, but could have been worse

So I guess the moral of the story is always check thoroughly before buying