ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 replica dci

clio dci
hi im geting a new dci so im doin a 172 replica because im only 18 so insurance wolud be to high for a 172 and 172 looks with dci mpg will be great. am serious bout doing this i will also keep a thread while its geting done. i was just wondering if i need new front wheel arch liners with the new wings and bumper? and how mutch should i lower it by to look like its not on stilts and whats your opinions on exhausts on a 172

jamie

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
to make it look like standard 172 ride height go for -40mm but id go for -60mm for the slightly lower look.

you need arch liners yes as far as i know.

its a lot of money for a replica but if your not bothered about performance then go for it you need.....

front bumper (may aswell get cup spliter while your at it)
front wings
sideskirts
rear bumper
wheels
colourcoded bumpstrips, doorhandles and spoiler
xenon headlights to make it 100%

only give away will be sunroof if its got one then! apart from performance!

you could save some money by going for 172 replica sideskirts so you can use the standard wings but its more hastle when fitting the front bumper. so id go the full way

clio dci
im going for a one without a sunroof because my last clio had one it it wouldent stop creaking am going all out wings the lot and thanks for the info

jamie

Burgandy 174 sport t
U will have to get a right basic model if u want no sunroof!

I was gonna do the exact same thing as you with a dci, I even bought most of the kit, wings, bumpers etc all I had to do was get it fitted.

Whislt getting quotes I seen a 172 in the forecourt and bought it lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
much better getting one without a sunroof like you say as they dont creak or even worse leak! lol

what you doing about interior? replica in there too?!

185lb/ft dCi
what dci is it? also what colour is it?

my dci is half repped at the moment, i'll take some pics tomorrow and upload them.

clio dci
im going rep on the interior aswell im getin dci 80 hopefully if it possble and tryin to get it black. has any one else do a dci replica?

Save up for a remap too.

Pretty good gains to be had on the dci80

Won't be 182 quick, but you'll worry a few warm hatches.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im going rep on the interior aswell im getin dci 80 hopefully if it possble and tryin to get it black. has any one else do a dci replica?

think its been done but not sure if its fully done before ie interior the lot

for interior you'll need...
front and rear seats
front and rear doorcards
steeringwheel
dash inserts
could get the dials too! not that their much different
ohh and matts

theres probably more but thats all i can think of now!

clio dci
hi i have to contacted ktec and they said the 182 look exhaust will fit my dci be cause the dci is the same fitment as the 1.4 16v so i mite go 182 :)

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
hi i have to contacted ktec and they said the 182 look exhaust will fit my dci be cause the dci is the same fitment as the 1.4 16v so i mite go 182 :)

the replica exhausts look s**t, there isnt enough room behind the spare wheel well for it really so normally bangs off the well and generally is a s**t fit.

just get a recessed exhaust into the bumper like mine:
Clio06-10-0712.jpg

/carl

clio dci
why bother! std cars car look nice without tryin to be something there not.

wouldered how long it would take for some one to say somthing like this^^

its not trying to be a 172 its a replica and a replica is the next best thing to the real thing

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
why bother! std cars car look nice without tryin to be something there not.

wouldered how long it would take for some one to say somthing like this^^

its not trying to be a 172 its a replica and a replica is the next best thing to the real thing

Waste of cash! What i'm sayin is, you can still make your car look nice without going down the replica route. Colour code, lower and fire some RS style skirts on it.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
you can mod th 182 bumper to fit the standard arches mate this means you wont need to by new wings, wheel archliners or official sideskirts. it means you can aftermarket sport replica skirts which are cheaper and as you havent changed the wings there are less parts to paint. i was also told by my local bodyshop if you had the wings painted they would need to do the bonnet to blend it in properly

clio dci
has any one got pics off front bumper with standed clio wings what dos it look like just woundering im getin the 172 wings

185lb/ft dCi
standard wings:

Image066.jpg

sorry not got any better pics, as ali said, look at dutty's or jamie's(R8 FTW) on here.

185lb/ft dCi
not if your patient and source the parts at good prices and getting the correct colour so no spraying is needed.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Stop pissing on his parade. If he wants to do it to your car, i can understand you complaining, he's just asking for advice on the conversion.

I say go for it.

I'm doing pretty much the same, i can garuntee mine will be better though ;)

185lb/ft dCi
3k is abit steap! I would definitley save if it was that sort of money.

I have spent around 500-600 on mine and all i need is a rear bumper.

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
it needs atleast £3,000 to do it properly imo which isnt worth it considering you can have a mint 172 for 5k!! and a mk1 172 for even cheaper!

by the time u get bumpers, skirts, wings, wheels, then paint on top of that inc spoiler and bump strips getting colour coded then you need a set of xenons which is a couple of hundred quid, full interior, inc seats, steering wheel, door cards etc youve already spent over a grand!! maby even 2! then your left with a car that looks like an RS but isnt near as quick!

185lb/ft dCi
i don't understand all these rep haters, it will not cost anywhere near 3k to do it for a start.

and then again, you all say then your not as quick, do i care about that? the reason I did it to mine is because i have the economy with the looks, i don't want all that speed, i am young and don't need a 2l to rag around in. I don't even understand why you all care about speed anyway because as soon as somebody on here does over the speed limit you shoot them down like they are the devil!

I'd rather have a dci engine over a 2l petrol any day of the week, you get constant faults, and other c**k ups. my dci hasn't let me down once yet, plus if you got a 100 and remap. you would be challenging 172s midrange, with the amazing running costs!

£35 tax FTW

/rant

Stop pissing on his parade. If he wants to do it to your car, i can understand you complaining, he's just asking for advice on the conversion.

I say go for it.

I'm doing pretty much the same, i can garuntee mine will be better though ;)

How can you offer a "garuntee" that yours will be better?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I'd rather have a dci engine over a 2l petrol any day of the week, you get constant faults, and other c**k ups. my dci hasn't let me down once yet, plus if you got a 100 and remap. you would be challenging 172s midrange, with the amazing running costs!

£35 tax FTW

/rant

what are you on about with these constant fault? ive had none in my years of mk2 clio ownership, had a couple of majour ones on my 1.2 16v but that was on 140k miles and was sorted cheaply anyway!

my 172 has been 100% reliable