ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 replica dci

1.2 Dynamique billabong
its your car buddy, do what you want to do to it.
im in the same boat as you mate, im doing a part replica mainly because i dont use my car other than to get to uni twice a week and most of that is sat in traffic. there is no point having a 2.0 if you not moving anywhere. dont get me wrong i would love a sport but it wasnt a viable option for the same mileage and year as my car i would be looking at over £5k and insurance was £2K. for the same price i could do all the modifications i plan on doing to my car and run the car with tax and insurance for 5 years for the same as 1 year in a 172

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
costs a fair few £££ to do it right,

so many things you have to buy and the cost just keeps on rising

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
Do it me and Aston are doing reps now, mines come to the massive figure of £500 lol, im painting myself. And lol to people thinking a 172 is the quickest thing you can get anyway so why winge about our performance?

182/Bora V5/S1 RS Turbo
do wat u gotta do. preppin the car to look like a sport will cost you in the intrim but youll save the juice in the long run. at your age go for it, do a nice job of it and when you are ready to sell thrre will be always another young lad wanting to start out just like you. if you've looked after it then you might get your dough back!

seat arosa 1.4 tdi
do wat u gotta do. preppin the car to look like a sport will cost you in the intrim but youll save the juice in the long run. at your age go for it, do a nice job of it and when you are ready to sell thrre will be always another young lad wanting to start out just like you. if you've looked after it then you might get your dough back!

Or they could just sell the parts agen, they are always selling for a lot!

t3 corolla 116bhp
dci reps FTW :)
i have one (sort off) couldn be bothered with the 1*2 bumpers. wanted to make it slightly different so stuck with the original kit and colour coded. plus andy from GDIs 182 half leather interior inside :)

DSC_0252.jpg

renaultsportseats.jpg

Last edited:
  MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
nice car mate, KTR make replica side skirts for normal wings now if your bothered. Cant afford the leather seats for mine so i think buckets are the weapon of choice. Yours a 65 or 80?

clio dci
nice car mate. im selling my mk6 fiesta at the moe on ebay so i can have a little more money for the rep and all im geting is a load off messers :mad: ,ebay not a good place to sell a car iv put it on pistonheads so hopfully do beter on there

clio dci
has any one got a 172 in the dark blue colour if so can i see some pics just because never seen one and that seems to be the common colour off the dci

Last edited by a moderator:
  185lb/ft dCi
which type?

old one sometimes comes up on here if you willing to wait.

new one you will have to get at renault, about £20 i think.

185lb/ft dCi
i would say new style ones look better, both look decent though.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Ste 185

ive got a 182 rear bumper in red if you are interested.it doesnt have the foam though.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Just do a random search mate, wouldnt ask for help on this site, something needs to be done, i hardly post and i wouldnt post my car on here just thought id help you prove that your right

68 f*cking posts of b*llocks and arguing to remove. If you dont agree with him making a replica fine, give a constructive reason. If he doesn't agree with you then fine, he doesn't have to accept said advice.

The above quote is becoming more and more true on cliosport and its a complete joke.

If you are just here to wind people up move on to a different club. If you can help the OP with his question then provide help. If you beleive that he could reach his goal in a different way at a lower price then say so. If you believe he his making a mistake and shouldn't create a replica, then say it constructively. You only need to say it once and then its upto him to decide whether or not he still wants to do this. If you have experience in doing replica's then please share it, but again be constructive.

In regards to the DCi owners, take any constructive advice gracefully, and if you dont like said advice dont respond. If there are people in here posting to wind you up, click report and then leave it and the offender will be dealt with. If 1 more bad/unwelcome comment is made, this thread is gone and the offender will receive infractions.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
why was my above post removed telling him he would need a custom exhaust to use a 182 bumper? i assumed he thought he could use the k-tec 182 replica exhaust which he cant but yet my post is removed?

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
Just do a random search mate, wouldnt ask for help on this site, something needs to be done, i hardly post and i wouldnt post my car on here just thought id help you prove that your right

68 f*cking posts of b*llocks and arguing to remove. If you dont agree with him making a replica fine, give a constructive reason. If he doesn't agree with you then fine, he doesn't have to accept said advice.

The above quote is becoming more and more true on cliosport and its a complete joke.

If you are just here to wind people up move on to a different club. If you can help the OP with his question then provide help. If you beleive that he could reach his goal in a different way at a lower price then say so. If you believe he his making a mistake and shouldn't create a replica, then say it constructively. You only need to say it once and then its upto him to decide whether or not he still wants to do this. If you have experience in doing replica's then please share it, but again be constructive.

In regards to the DCi owners, take any constructive advice gracefully, and if you dont like said advice dont respond. If there are people in here posting to wind you up, click report and then leave it and the offender will be dealt with. If 1 more bad/unwelcome comment is made, this thread is gone and the offender will receive infractions.
Thanks mate, i can open another thread for this, ive got loads of pictures and info on building a rep, nice to see something being done :)

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
what car do you have rob? sorry if you have said

jamie
1.4 at the mo mate, im putting the 172 body on mine so i can run a wider track. Its being built as a track / road car, she aint fast but like a go kart in corners and i still need to fit Ben-P top mounts from compbrake. Going to the ring with college soon! And just like yours im not putting renault sport on the back or two litre badges. My new engine is between another 1.4 or 1.6 to motorsports spec, aiming to at least beat GTI pugs.
Ill start a thread about spraying properly yourself if you want to save money. My parts were wasted when i got them
Rear bumper £40
Side skirts £30
Front bumper £100 :S I got impatient
Front wings i still need
Paint + other stuff 100
Lots of use with a heat gun to get the dints out to avoid using filler and plastic welding to hold cracks properly and to fill in small scrapes.