ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Using Oil..

Hi

I have noticed my Clio 172 (52 plate) has used just under 1ltr of oil over 1,000 miles. I dont drive it hard (occasional blast)...

It runs well, and I get 33mpg. Does this engine use much oil, or is this excessive, and what could it be if it was a prob...?

Thanks
Rob

ibiza cupra
check your rocker cover as mine was leaking quite badly from there. its quite a common thing i beleve

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i had 2 , they loved oil and never a problem, but about 2k miles a month

Nissan 350z
Ive had to top mine up twice since owning. Ive noticed it seems to tie in with long journeys (2hr+) that the next day it may be showing as needing a top up on the dash display.

Doesnt bother me though as its not an alarming rate its just one of those things.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mine leaks from the rocker cover, but no where near that much.

Clio 182 arctic
IIRC Renault put guidelin up of 1ltr every 1000miles, it shouldnt use that much but if its within their guidelines then it shouldnt really be a problem