ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Viewing

Clio 172, 200 sx 14a
I went to look at this clio 172 yesturday and it was in good nick except that the speedo did not work! would this be something to worry about and is it cheap to fix?
cheers

Honda & VW
I went to look at this clio 172 yesturday and it was in good nick except that the speedo did not work! would this be something to worry about and is it cheap to fix?
cheers

The question is 'How long has it not worked for'?
If the speedo isn't working the mileage is going up, you could find it's a high miler posing as a fair mileage car.

Who knows

clio 172 cup
the mileage will still go up my speedo duznt work either getting it fixed next week i'll let u know how much it costs. i think its only a sensor

Lots of Alfas
If you do the dashboard trick with the trip computer button it will do a self test on all the dials. If the speedo doesnt move around to random places its definatly the sensor and not the dials.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Anything electrical like that and I just cannot be arsed with.

Have to agree with Fletcher - so many cheap examples for sale now it would be silly to go for one which needs any sort of effort throwing at it. Otherwise you would just be buying for convienience.