ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 vs Civic Type R

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Range Rover Sport
I really do like the EP3. Better interior, better seating position and the engine is pretty fun. I also thought the EP3 had more to give after xxxmph.

If I was using either car everyday I would more than likely go towards an EP3. However I don't and the car is only used as a quick 40 minutes car on a dry weekend and track days. For that I don't think the EP3 really compares to the Clio. I think it costs very little to get the Clio into a very quick 'fast road car' and maybe one of the best modifications for the Clio is free (weight saving).

On the above notes, both have pro's. Also both have con's I guess it comes down to what you want out of the car. ( One thing to note if all else the same I find the EP3 to be a little more expensive).

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Ep3's will always be a little pricier. The K20 engine is always worth a grand.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Obviously I'm biased but I think the EP3's get a hard time on here, naturally. I've just had Prolines,ARB, and FRSU and I really like it. The positives of the car far outweigh the bland steering.

Either way you can't go wrong, quality motoring for under 4k.

172, Focus
I've owned both cars, at the same time. Civic got the boot along time ago.It does lack something, which is odd since on paper it seems to have more feathers in its cap than the Clio.Though, presented with a set of Clio keys and a civic set I would choose the clio every time

Status
Not open for further replies.