ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Warranty query

Got a question for anyone who owns a clio 172 ?

I spoke to Renault UK today and they state that to keep your 172 under the manufactures warranty you HAVE to have it serviced by an Official Renault Dealer .

I thought as long as your local mechanic is VAT registered and use official renault parts then your warranty has to be honoured ?

Does anyone know any further information on this as I get the feeling that Renault wont admit that they would have to honour the warranty if you go to an unofficial dealer.

Also apparantly you have to get the 172 serviced at 12,000 miles initially and you have a 1,000 limit to keep under warranty.

It is against European law for them to make you have your servicing done at a main dealer. You are quite correct, that as long as genuine parts are used and the servicing is done in line with renaults intervals, then your warranty will be valid.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Renault are correct when they say that 172s have to be serviced at 12,000 miles or 2 years which ever is sooner.. and yes you have a courtesy period of 1000 miles or 1 month to get it done

Spoke to Renault UK about my 2002 import 172 yesterday and they said they will convert it from a 2 year pan-European warranty to a 3 year warranty on receipt of the necessary paperwork. They did however mention that the car then has to be serviced at the correct intervals by a Renault dealer (which sucks!).

Anyone know whats involved/how much a 12k service is for a Mk2 172?