ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172Cup

Clio 172 Cup
Bought a 172cup just over a month ago and i am now looking at getting a few moor horses out of her! The 1st thing i was going to do was take it down to K-Tech and get the ECU done.

Anyone else have experience with this? Is it worth it?

Also what colour are the standard coilover springs on the 172cup as mine are red?

Thanks

Monaco 37/468
You don't really gain many ponies from just a remap on its own. It will probably take it to round the 180 PS mark. A straight through decat with a performance filter and a remap is good.

BMW E46 330i Touring
It's pretty difficult to get much out of the engine without spending silly money. It generally seems the best way to get better performance is to save weight.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Natrually asspirated cars are hard to gain from without as someone said spending copious amounts of cash.

Buy a turbo car if you want somthing quicker

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah, more than it's really worth when you can get to similar speed by stripping it out further, for free!

Up rocks
The Clio Cups seem to be all about driveability and power to weight ratio and not so much about bhp figures. That said though, very impressive cars, can put many a hot hatch with higher bhp figures to shame.

Last edited:
Eibach Sportlines are red iirc

I'm also reliably informed that PI springs are an orangey-red colour

And the Ultimate lowering springs sold by K-tec are red.

either way, its definitely on aftermarket springs.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Off topic a little bit, apologies, but what is the standard head unit in a Cup? Did they stick with the CD player, or resort to a tape deck to 'save weight' ;)

Also, did they ditch the CD changer, to genuinely save a bit of weight!?!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
remap + ecu will probably muster 8-10bhp if your lucky. however redline will go to 7800rpm. Torque improved and delivery of power better.

A4 oil burner !!!
First work i had done on my cup a few years back was a viper, catback magnex and superchip !
Before and after RR saw me gain 3-4 bhp not really worth the £850 it cost me !!!

Save your pennies and get the work done in one hit if looking at engine work eg cams etc or you will keep forking out loads !
By the way did you know my cup is for sale

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/472452.htm

:)