ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 0-60!

MCS R56

Whatever, all I'm saying is, most people will not achieve the published 0-60. Or they will a couple of times before something snaps. And I have seen a couple of V6's struggle to get below 7 seconds.

In gear times is where it's at.

With the level of traction the V6 has, I imagine you'd have to batter the clutch to get close to the claimed figures? Unless the claimed figures are very conservative like they are for the 182?

Whatever, all I'm saying is, most people will not achieve the published 0-60.

That is very true. Most people doing a reasonably quick start in a 182 won't do much better than 7.5 despite the fact that they will do 6.5 IF you batter the clutch & gearbox, which most sensible people don't do all day long.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
No two cars are built the same, 0-60 times will variate widley between them.

In the buying guide a few months back Evo said the Phase 1 touches 60 in 6.6

I have no idea how accurate there timing gear is etc, but so many factors involved like tyres/driver ability/driver weight/weather conditions etc

Its an impossibility, renault state 0-60 figures as a guide how they see it as an average out of a number of cars to give the buyer a wider understanding of how fast the car is. Some might do 0-60 in 6.2, others 7.5

ST
No two cars are built the same, 0-60 times will variate widley between them.

In the buying guide a few months back Evo said the Phase 1 touches 60 in 6.6

I have no idea how accurate there timing gear is etc, but so many factors involved like tyres/driver ability/driver weight/weather conditions etc

Its an impossibility, renault state 0-60 figures as a guide how they see it as an average out of a number of cars to give the buyer a wider understanding of how fast the car is. Some might do 0-60 in 6.2, others 7.5

IIRC EVO use the Paisley rd west for 0-60 timing, last one to Mr Tasty buys the burgers.

BMW E30 325iiiiii
My 172 hits warp 2 on good days (thats twice the speed of light for you noobs) :)

actually warp 2 is actually 8 times the spped of light...warp factors are supposedly converted to multiples of c with the cubic function s(w) = w3c, where w is the warp factor, s(w) is the velocity, and c is the speed of light.

tut noobs

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
They actually timed the car doing this. Maybe it was slightly better than a normal 182 with it being a press car.

Couldn't care less about 0-60 times anymore. Irrelevant besides pub talk.