ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 aircon compressor question

Recaro'd 182
I am in the middle of changing out the auxillary belt and tensioner on the clio. Checking for play in the bearings i found the air-con compressor pulley will spin around on the shaft without actually driving the compressor.

How do i tighten this up or is it u/s now??

Pic below of compressor and pulley end view. I have tried tightening the nut at the end?? I don't understand why it spins on its shaft without driving it?

IMG_0891.jpgIMG_0892.jpg

HBT 172 Cup
It supposed to be like that, it has an ECU controlled clutch system that engages and disengages as and when the air conditioning is wanted by the driver!

Naturally, you have find the compressor in its disengaged state.

PB172,dci100,dci65
Hello, another compressor question:).
When I changed the auxbelt, I noticed a play in the aircon compressor wheel. Aircon is working fine.
I think that play in it is not ok. It got worse as I think I can hear it now and then when the engine is idle and i am standing in front of my 172.
Must be the whole compressor detached or is it just some "tighten up some screws job?"

thanks for advice