ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 can’t remove windscreen wiper assembly. Help!

Clio 182 Trophy
Hi all,
I need to replace a hose as it has a hole in it which I’ve temporarily duct taped up to test the rest of the system.

The other end goes into the bottom of the washer bottle so everything has to come out.

Started stripping everything but cannot for the life of me get the wipers out. Undid the 3 10mm bolts & unclipped the electrics, pulled forward off the peg..... & no matter which way I move it can only get it to move a centimetre or two.

This pic below is causing the biggest problem

F832FD72-7B77-491B-BD02-6ACE1A4B93A8.jpeg

8A7458F0-4EE8-4A74-B98C-2F2378C26F19.jpeg

69DA84A0-C9E9-40AB-9C54-DFEB04BDAD51.jpeg

The offending hose

CBBABFD5-6035-4280-80F9-89691CB25822.jpeg

Toys are well & truly out of the pram & I’ve had to step away from the car for a bit. What am I missing? The f*****s just won’t come out!

Thanks in advance

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Strange mate as the wiper system comes out dead easy.
Are you sure you have taken all the 10mm bolts out? There is one hidden I do believe.

Clio 182 Trophy
No idea! Checked a guide on here before I started to make sure I had everything covered & it said 3 bolts & unclip the electrics. Then just pull it out.....

If there is something hidden please let me know as I’ve not found it yet :(

Thought this would be such a simple job. Haven’t seen anything online that suggests otherwise so must be something I’m doing wrong.

I also wanted to give everything down there a deep clean with the mechanism out of the way, so it’s doubly annoying :mad:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yes 3 bolts along the top and back of the motor there is a grommet and push fit fastener. You need to give this a pull forward to release then angle the whole unit and pull out.
Here is a photo of the grommet thing that is near the motor:
image.png

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Thinking about it are the wipers sat in the parked position before you disconnected the motor? If they weren't positioned correctly the mechanism arms could be sat wrong under the scuttle and fouling something as you try to remove.

Reactions: Gus

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
@JJ55 - hope you lined up the peg at the rear of the bulkhead before you bolted it back in place? The mechanism makes a racket if not lined up properly and the sweeping motion is a bit out angle.

Been there and missed that myself before.