ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 182 Custom made budget induction kit... Proven gains!!!

Clio 172
Its a nice write up. Will certainly help a few new/younger members who like this sort of thing and want to do a similar mod! Us older lot have been there, done that and lost the power thought! haha. I dont think people are ACTUALLY n00b bashing just pointing out that the power would be better used low down for a road car.

Remember Renault have got significantly more money and better trained engineers that 99.9% of the people on this forum who modify their cars, you need to think that if they thought the power would be better suited up top on a road car and it was as simple as relocating the air box...they would have done it! ;)

Jack

106 1.5 diesel
I was quite clearly joking, I know it is impossible for an engine to create it's own gravity field, I was having a laugh. 3bhp is obviously not much... A Peugeot speedfight moped has more power than that airfilter gains... I know it isn't much. With the amount of posts and the look of the car in your photo, I'm guessing you're quite experienced and I respect that. Just don't go poking holes in people's posts when it's clearly a joke. If I'd made a mistake I could understand it, but the results are what they are. I personally would prefer more power, however trivial, high up the revs, because when I'm in the mood to have fun, or on the track, that's where my rev counter is pointing. I'm not a 17 year old chav with a 1.2 and a K&N "init bruv". I'm 24, in the RAF, new to the forum and I love driving my 182. Other forums I've been on like Audisort.net and Ford Focus Owners Club you can have a laugh like that...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip, you know he didn't actually mean that.

Yes I do indeed, because I have a fully functioning brain and can see when people are just having a laugh.
So assuming he has the same thing, he will know when not to take a bit of friendly banter to heart :)

106 1.5 diesel
If you say that's what is was mate, fair enough... I just cba with a forum that rips people for no reason. That's what Splitter Scuffers is for lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I was quite clearly joking, I know it is impossible for an engine to create it's own gravity field, I was having a laugh. 3bhp is obviously not much... A Peugeot speedfight moped has more power than that airfilter gains... I know it isn't much. With the amount of posts and the look of the car in your photo, I'm guessing you're quite experienced and I respect that. Just don't go poking holes in people's posts when it's clearly a joke. If I'd made a mistake I could understand it, but the results are what they are. I personally would prefer more power, however trivial, high up the revs, because when I'm in the mood to have fun, or on the track, that's where my rev counter is pointing. I'm not a 17 year old chav with a 1.2 and a K&N "init bruv". I'm 24, in the RAF, new to the forum and I love driving my 182. Other forums I've been on like Audisort.net and Ford Focus Owners Club you can have a laugh like that...

You seem to be better at throwing humour than catching it :)

No one in this thread is actually being nasty to you, just going along with the joke that you started and giving you a bit of banter back.

This is a great forum, and if you have any technical queries you will get some really good info, but from the point of view of you getting offended my advice is if someone says something to you and it can be taken two ways, take it the light hearted one. ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you say that's what is was mate, fair enough... I just cba with a forum that rips people for no reason. That's what Splitter Scuffers is for lol

Here is my ph1 172 clio turbo, this isnt the fastest car I own, and its miles off the fastest car I have driven:

Not posting that to show off (although I must confess I do like how cool it looks, lol) just putting into context how funny its going to be for someone coming from my background of modifying cars to hear someone so excited over 3bhp, which like I said is less power to weight difference than that between a full and empty tank of fuel thats all mate.

But as I have said, it FEELS faster and more exciting to drive with all the extra noise, and thats half the fun anyway.

My mk1 clio for example (not the one in the video) is completely stripped out, noisey as hell, loud exhaust, loud intake, and it really does feel epically quick when you drive it, UNTIL you come against a decent stadnard 172 and its exactly the same speed, same for yours, it might feel loads quicker, but be prepared to be shown that it isnt, but unless you are racing its all just about fun anyway, so noise and drama without any real power gains ARE still a good thing in that context :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  106 1.5 diesel
Thanks for the reply mate, and apologies for getting upset, I've changed my tampon now, so all is well ;) I know exactly what you mean, It's about the driving experience not the speed, I'd rather be battering around Cadwell in my Clio than in a remapped diesel golf... (My old car) The golf is much faster, but it's just so boring. I actually swapped the golf in question for the 182, possibly loosing about £600 in the process, but the extra fun I'm having in the Clio more than makes up for it :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thanks for the reply mate, and apologies for getting upset, I've changed my tampon now, so all is well ;) I know exactly what you mean, It's about the driving experience not the speed, I'd rather be battering around Cadwell in my Clio than in a remapped diesel golf... (My old car) The golf is much faster, but it's just so boring. I actually swapped the golf in question for the 182, possibly loosing about £600 in the process, but the extra fun I'm having in the Clio more than makes up for it :)

Cool stuff.

Cadwell is awesome, we have only just recently moved upto Notts from Somerset so before it was too far to go really but we are planning on doing quite a few more days there (done 2 so far)
We are there next in 15 days and I cant wait :)