ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 climate control wont work

pan

clio 182
hi there all iv been looking through the forum for about an hour with no luck really.

Basically my 04 reg 182 climate control has stopped working, when you turn it on there is a slight noise as if it is trying to work but then nothing.

i get the impression it mite be the resistor pack form the other posts, but does a clio 182 have one? if so where is it? any pics would be great.

if it isnt the resistor pack what else could it be?

cheers pete

I've got exactly the same problem. Started this afternoon. Had just finished fitting my sub & amp when I noticed that nothing was coming out of the vents. The control unit itself appears to be fine, all the buttons and the display works. The strange thing is that it has been working since I fitted my audio equipment. I've checked all the fuses I can find. I'm wondering if it's one of the relays. Or maybe something has come out the back of the climate control unit??
Seems a bit of a coincidence for it to be the resistor pack and/or rheostat.

When I was trying to check behind the climate control panel for any loose wires I noticed a purple connector was just hanging there. Any idea what this is for? Should it go into the back? And how do you remove the panel anyway??

Thanks.

pan

clio 182
yea mines the same all the lights on and u can switch between all the settings just no air coming through, is there a guide to fault finding?

RB FF 182
I have this issue as well, seemed intermitant last week. When flicking from the lights off to the lights on position it turned it on a couple of times.

Now that isnt working either. So i have full life in the CC panel but no air comming out at all.

Where is the resistor at and how can I go about changing it?

the resistors normally attached directly to the fan... on my old clio & my mates the connector used to burn itself out every few months after i'd changed it so it would work randomly and not on all the settings... i'd check the connector first & then change the resistor - probably be able to get one from the scrap yard