ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Clunking Noise

Hi,

Im new here and would be greatful for some advice.

Last month I bought a new Clio 182 and am very happy with the purchase.

Ever since ive had it though, it makes a clunking noise as i pull off in 1st gear. It only does it the first time the car pulls away from turning it on. After the first time i pull away, it does not do it again.

It does not matter how long the car has been off for, it still does it, i.e. it does not make a difference if i havent driven it for a day or its been off for 5 minutes.

Have taken it back to renault and they said theres nothing wrong with it, although i doubt they even understood what was wrong.

Ive read other posts on here about 172s clicking in 1st but it only happens once

Just wondering if this is normal. If not has anyone else has experienced this and is it harming my car?

Thanks

Ziel Nurburgring

Welcome to the forum by the way, i notice your new around these parts. Just sit back and await your free welcome poke

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I had to tell renault what it was!

The had my car in for some work about a week after i picked it up, and stripped down the brake system when i went to check on them.

Idiots.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

abs test yes but we have had a few where the abs pump catches on its bracket so amplifying the noise. there is a solution on renault net that your dealer can access.

Cheers guys. Props for the lightning reply.

Didnt expect it

Yeah, im unfortunately used to it now to. Feels weird when i drive my girlfriends car and nothing happens

BMW M3

Yeh... mine does this too but its not very nice when you are breaking while it does the ABS test. I have to reverse off my driveway so i am usually breaking by the time it does the check. Sounds and feels horrible but im sure its ok.

Its not ABS, i have a 172 CUP without ABS and mine does it. Its the engine mount, its too weak, already had it into renault and had it repaired. Was fine for about 1,000 miles but its starting to make the clunking noise again.