ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 cold starting problem

Clio 182
Hello,

Today when i left work my 182 wouldn't start properly, it was as if it had a flat battery. After about 5 seconds it started, when i got home and the car had warmed up a bit, i turned the car off and then started it again, this time it started fine so i didn't think too much of it. I then went Tesco a couple of hours later and it done the same thing, sounded like the battery was flat and struggled. When I left Tesco, it started straight away again, first turn of the key.

If it was struggling to start all the time, i would put it down to the battery, but it only seems to do it when cold. Theres no warning lights that stay on when started, they all come on then go off as they should. The car also seems to drive fine once it is started. I've been doing a bit of reading and i've came across the TDC sensor, could this possibly be the cause and does cleaning it really help?

My dephaser also needs doing, which i've emailed 519 about today, could this also contribute to my problem?

Any help would be appeciated, as I'm trying to save money for the dephaser and could do without any other problems at the moment.

Clio 182
The journeys i done weren`t very long, maybe 7 miles/10 mins from work and about 2 miles/3-4 mins to tesco. So they`re not long commutes/journeys to give the battery lots of charge either for it to start first time after it`s been turned off, in my opinion.

Peddled device
Sounds like a battery problem. An engine is harder to start when cold. Try charging it and then start from cold and see what it does. Short journeys wont help the battery, especially in winter.