ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 FF on 15 inch wheels

2005 Clio 182
I know this will have been around before but can anyone say what a Clio 182 FF is like on 15 inch wheels? Does it drive ok? I could do with a spare set for the winter and also need to get mine refurbed due to an argument with a kerb :mad: any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Listerine & Poledo
cheaper tyres.
better ride quality.

unless you're confusing yourself with Mansell, you'll probably never tell a difference in outright grip.... providing you're using decent tyres

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
15's are fine and weapon of choice for many a track day user as work out cheaper for tyres etc.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
With standard ride height 15's look crap, needs to be on springs to pull it off.

It will still drive fine though.

172/B8 Quattro
Drives better on b roads IMO. The extra cushion on tyres makes it more absorbable.
Needs dropping to pull it off though as said above

Definitely needs springs at the least. I have Sportlines at the minute whilst im saving up to afford coilovers.

Doesn't look too bad but not ideal in my opinion.

Nurburg04101330_zps93c5e6ba.jpg

2005 Clio 182
Thanks guys, the difference is clear in the picture. The jury is out. It looks like a cheap set would do as a short term fix.

kind of jumping in here but, I was planning on putting 15's on my 182, but do you's still run 205's or settle with 195's?

I run 195s. Purely because of the cheaper tyre. Tony runs 205s on his race car. He once said the extra money was worth the extra couple of seconds on the lap time.

Unless you are looking to set serious lap times I dought you'll notice the difference between the two.

R888 tyres are quite wide anyway.

Renault Clio 172 cup
Amate runs 205/50/15 in 888's for the track and he gets the occasional bit of rubbing, especially under braking as the front dives a little. He's running coilovers but they are not set particularly low. I find Clio's very tight for space on the front arches. Mine catches occasionally on standard size tyres.

from my point of view I don't like the look on 15's, looks not right !

The ride height I assume you mean? I agree, ideally you'd need to have coilovers. However Cooksport springs do sit lower and look better than Sportlines.

You wouldn't notice any difference looks wise between 195 and 205s.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
heres cooksports with 15's at et37 195/50 R15 Michelin PE2's with 15mm front and 10mm rear spacers, they catch a bit from time to time. without the spacers they'd be fine, the standard wheels on this setup on 205 tyres and et43 don't rub at all ever

9649039054_2492466600_b.jpg

IMG_6985 by Coops_Turbo, on Flickr

heres cooksports with 15's at et37 195/50 R15 Michelin PE2's with 15mm front and 10mm rear spacers, they catch a bit from time to time. without the spacers they'd be fine, the standard wheels on this setup on 205 tyres and et43 don't rub at all ever

9649039054_2492466600_b.jpg
IMG_6985
by Coops_Turbo, on Flickr

Hi mate, whats the distance between the centre of the wheel and the lip of the car on this. looks ideal and I am struggling at the moment getting a good coilover height