ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 ff

clio182, defender
So last week I got this car for £800. It has full service history up till 8000 miles ago. It has full cup pack stainless ktech exshaust and is standard apart from coil over that will be coming off and will be replaced with standard cup suspension again.
image.jpg
image.jpg
when I collected the car last week, gosh it was dirty. It has been stood for 4 months since the last owner lost drive and could not afford to fix it. It's due a cam belt/ dephaser pully and a service. I started cleaning it out this week during the evenings and what a difference. First job was to strip the back out and to deep clean it. So rear seats were removed and it began.
image.jpg
This was before I cleaned the carpet either side on the wheel arches.
image.jpg
Looks a lot better now clean.
image.jpg
One very dirty seat belt.
image.jpg

One clean seat belt.
Will update this as I go let me know your thoughts cheers.
Ps I'm new here so advise is welcome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 76

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
How many miles has this done?
Seems a decent price, belts aside.
Dread to think what my 04 182 is worth nowadays :(
Half the reason why I can't part with it after the amount I have put into it

clio182, defender
Done 65000 miles its lost drive so needs gear box rebuild and belts. Belts 190 and fit myself and rebuild box myself so not 1400 more like 1100 still cheep

clio182, defender
Couple of nights ago I refitted the rear seats and boot carpet and what a diffrence.
image.jpg

image.jpg

So last night and tonight I did a bit more to it. Took front seats out last night and gave a good clean came up well to be hounest. Also did hand brake surround and little cubby box under seat.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tonight I gave the carpets a good wet vac but forgot to take a before picture but here are the after pictures.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

What a big diffrence it makes. Just changes the whole inside of the car. This will be left to dry out now and then I will refit the front seats and the mats. Quite pleased takes time tho.

clio182, defender
Also cleaned both door cards and rest of the interior. Here are a few other pictures.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also all windows were polished inside and out and then the out side rainX them.

clio182, defender
Thought I would update this. Been doing odd jobs the last week tbh. Unfortunately not many pictures.
So one of the jobs to do was to replace the bulbs in the centre display and they were not working and as if read it was top of dash off. Was worried about doing this but how easy it was was unreal. So they were changed and is now working spot on.
Another job was to remove the spoiler as the brake light wasn't working so removed and was shot so one was ordered. Whilst off cleaned all under the spoiler.
Next job was to start stripping front rear bumpers off to be painted. Also took off roof inserts above rear windows to clean them out. And the side door strips to clean behind these too.

Only picture I took. Will update tommorow with few more.

image.jpg

Must add also head lights out to polish up.

Dose anyone know how to make all the black grill and plastics look good again?

SQ5
What did you use to clean door cards?

I've been told a soft tooth brush and some fairy liquid, is that ok?

clio182, defender
What a bargain! And good on you for saving it from going the scrappers - it's got loads of potential :smile:
Thank you Canary172 massively appriciate it. Means a lot.

What did you use to clean door cards?

I've been told a soft tooth brush and some fairy liquid, is that ok?
DannyR I used multi purpose cleaner and a micro fiber cloth to clean them. After that I dressed the plastic in a light plastic dressing to protect and make look a bit better.

clio182, defender
So today I did a few jobs.
First job I took my wheels to work to remove tyre off and took them down to city powder coaters in Bham, these are the wheels before.

I replaced the gear stick cover as my last one was worn and you couldn't read what it says even though I don't need to I replaced it anyway.

clio182, defender
So today I did a few jobs.
First job I took my wheels to work to remove tyre off and took them down to city powder coaters in Bham, these are the wheels before.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I replaced the gear stick cover as my last one was worn and you couldn't read what it says even though I don't need to I replaced it anyway.
image.jpg

Next job was to replace the indicator bulbs in the front and rear lights for chrome bulbs as I don't like the light always looking orange.
image.jpg

Orange bulb in still.
image.jpg

Chrome bulb in.
image.jpg

Orange bulb in.
image.jpg

Chrome bulb in.

Then I decided to cover my fog lights to make them yellow as I like the look of yellow fog lights even tho I don't use front fog lights as they are useless. I used lamx stuff, never used befor but ow how easy it was. Quite impressed with the results.
image.jpg

First off I cleaned the fog lights to make sure there was nothing on the lenses.

clio182, defender
This was my first fog light covered.
image.jpg

After I had done both of them I decided they were not yellow enough so I put another layer on top and this was the result.
image.jpg

image.jpg

As the rear bumper was off I decided to polish the tips of my exhaust as they are very easy to get to at the moment.
image.jpg

image.jpg

All in all I'm impressed with the progress so far and fairly pleased with the results let me know what you think. Cheers in advance.

clio182, defender
So collected my wheels from Birmingham City powder coasters today and wow what a difference. Put tyres back on balanced and the polished, sealed, and waxed. Look great. £20 per wheel is so good.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

clio182, defender
So not don't much in that last week to be hounest. But did manage to strip clean and paint the front calipers and rears will be done this week.
image.jpg

image.jpg

One thing I have noticed tho was water under my drivers and passengers seat. So I cleaned out the drain holes in the bulk head as the centre one was blocked and behind each wheel ach was blocked so cleaned all this out. I hope this solves it if not dose anyone have any other suggestions.

Also managed to get hold of a fuel rail guard and painted and polished this too.
image.jpg

image.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Really nice project mate, well done for saving it as has been said. As said bargains like this don't come up often!!
The wheels look good, how long did they take please?

clio182, defender
So it's been a while again and quite a bit has happened.
Got my bumpers back and they are back on, all back together and brakes all back on and bled, also this sat I did the gear box on the car. Now drives and is spot on.
Fitted new rear badge too.
Also today I polished sealed and waxed the whole car and wow what a difference. Few pictures for you.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

clio 182
Looking awesome mate, good job. I've ordered the led bulbs and gunna switch to chrome bulbs and also very tempted with the yellow fog lights.

clio182, defender
Been a long long time since I have been on here. I managed to do the cam belt and service the whole car and have used it and done 4 track days in to too now. Anglesey twice and oulton park twice. I fitter yoko AD08R's to it and also decaf it and what a difference they make, handles so much better and pulls so much stronger. Not a lot else has changed tbh apart from One problem I had on track was the power steering fluid over heating so in the last week I have wrapped the manifold in heat wrap.
IMG_4285.JPG
sorry about the crap photo that's all I have haha forgot to take one before I fitted it.
I plan to get the steering wheel done by snappy becuse as usual the thumb grips have gone on mine and the top of the steering wheel is poor too.
This year I'm thinking of stripping it out putting bucket seats in and a rear cage and harnesses.