ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling road tune on an older car

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
My 172 Cup has 125k on the clock. It’s got weird history (1.5k in the last 11 years) but has just had a major service (belts, dephaser etc). There’s no doubt it needs a tune so I’m wondering, what other prep should it have before an RR tune?

And can you recommend somewhere near to Manchester who does it?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Assuming currently running ok, eml not on and assume its had oil and filters done already. Maybe a set of plugs if unknown age.

EfiParts is the place to go.

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
Just had new plugs, oil and filters with the service.

I read that the fuel filter is in the tank and not accessible.

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
Well, added to the list of jobs and it’s one I’d do as it looks fairly straightforward to do.

Any recommendations for which fuel pump to fit as there’s lots on the market from different suppliers?

Anakin

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi TT RS Clio 182
had mine done 2 years ago on about the same millage, belts and dephaser were due. I found a set of 197 cams and had them done @ Birchdown along with belts. Mapped at EFI in runcorn.

191.4bhp and 170lbs/ft
It done a few Cadwells and Oulton parks since :)
312582595_643905720578044_4159304062779977410_n.jpg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Well, added to the list of jobs and it’s one I’d do as it looks fairly straightforward to do.

Any recommendations for which fuel pump to fit as there’s lots on the market from different suppliers?

I’ve wondered this as well, I’ve thought about changing mine