ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 front disc replacement

Clio 182 FF
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to replace the front discs on a Clio 182 without having to remove the pads from the caliper and winding the piston back in or need to bleed the brakes? Just trying to replace the discs as the last lot that were put on were cheap jobbys which have warped pretty quick and im replacing with the Brembo HC's as they come highly recommended on here!

Thanks,

Will

330i. E30 Touring.
No need to remove the pads from the caliper or to touch the piston, etc. No need to bleed the brakes, either.

Pretty much.

Loosen wheel nuts.
Jack up and on stands. Remove front wheels.
Undo torx bolt that holds disc on.
Undo two caliper bolts. Slide caliper off and cable tie to ssuspension.
Fit new disc and torx bolt.
Bolt caliper back on.

Simple

E46 M3
You'll need to remove the caliper and pads. The piston may need pushing back in (not winding), it will depend on the thickness of the new vs old discs. You wont need to bleed the brakes.

Tip: remove the torx bolts holding the dics to the hub first with someone on the brakes. This is alot easier than trying to hold the disc with one hand and undo the bolts with the other.

edit: LOL talk about polar opposite answers. While the above method is possible if there is a lip on the discs you may strugle to get the caliper off without damaging the pads. Id take them out.

Clio 197
yep like Ian_s said, you will need to remove the pads to wind the caliper back when replacing worn discs with new thickness ones.... unless your lucky, if not - do you really need to replace the discs?

330i. E30 Touring.
The lip would have to be f**king massive to do any damage to the pads.

t**t the caliper off with a hammer.

Clio 182 FF
Cheers for the replys, much appreciated!

Will take the wheel off and have a look and see how it goes, never bled the brakes and from where the reservoir is im not looking forward to it if I have to :/ The discs that are on are just some cheap ones from ebay but have warped within a few months so really need replacing unfortunately, think they were meant for a Kangoo and not a 182!

Just got to wait for the foot of snow and ice to clear from my driveway to get near it!

Ive had a search around and cant seem to find a step by step guide for replacing front discs/pads for the 172/182 and was thinking of doing one as I go along with pics unless theres already one in the premium area?

Cheers,

Will

330i. E30 Touring.
There's already one in the guides section.

TBH, what I wrote above pretty much covers it.