ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 headlight conversion

Renault Clio 1.6
Hi All,

Hope all is good, I recently purchased a clio 182 and noticed that the front lights are the standard ones. I much prefer the look of the xenons and would love to do a conversion to that style. Can anyone tell me in detail what I would need in order to carry out this conversion as I hear that it isn't just your average straight swap. I had a brief look on the forums for a similar topic but couldn't find it so I'm sorry if this is a common question. Also would it be better to buy an aftermarket hid kit to go with the xenons?

All the best
Woody

Transit & Death trap
Hi Woody,
The Xenons are a straight swap, they bolt on the same and the wiring is also the same.
You just need a set of Xenons, complete with ballast, bulbs and ignitors and you're good to go.

Track 172 Cup
Just a note apparently the xenons are fragile so don't get them posted go and collect if you can.

Renault Clio 1.6
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll have to have a look round for a decent pair. You wouldn't happen to know any good suppliers of them?

Track 172 Cup
I'm currently on the hunt for standard projector headlights for my track car but a local breakers yard have a couple of clio's in and my mum is friends with the owner so he said I can go down and strip what I need off any of the car's hoping one has xenons lol (plus I need some towing eyes) if not I'm not fussy because I just have reflectors at the min but they came with a HID kit and not really good as they blind on coming cars (hence needing projectors or a set of xenons) depending how I get on if they have any xenons in I'll let you know.

Unless you hunt eBay and the likes but they can be a little expensive (think around £130+ depending on condition)

Stu

Renault Clio 1.6
That would be great Stu if you let me know if they have any good ones worth having if not I'll just hunt around for a set. Cheers

Track 172 Cup
@Woody_xX Just seen these on eBay item number 261662668242 set of xenons for £80 but located down south too far for me to go collect not sure where your based.

Stu

Renault Clio 1.6
Well I'm based in the Midlands but if the adjusters are bust up that might be another issue on top haha!

Mike

Track 172 Cup
Well I'm based in the Midlands but if the adjusters are bust up that might be another issue on top haha!
Mike

Adjuster is about £8 (131317917458) or another set (390985523252) for £120 but probably closer to me lol in Cumbria, mine are only for track and occasionally road so don't fancy paying too much if I stumble across xenon in the breakers I would have them if not projectors are fine for me.

I fitted some xenons on my 182 cup the other week remove the front bumper and all the bolts will be available to remove the lights, its a straight swap with fitment and wires, except with mine i had to insulate tape the headlight adjuster wires as they didn't fit on the xenons..

Track 172 Cup
I fitted some xenons on my 182 cup the other week remove the front bumper and all the bolts will be available to remove the lights, its a straight swap with fitment and wires, except with mine i had to insulate tape the headlight adjuster wires as they didn't fit on the xenons..

What did they cost you, I'm bargain hunting lol.