ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 headlight washers.

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Hi,

I have just purchased a 2005 clio 182. (private sale)

The headlight washers dont seem to be working properly. When I got the car home they were not working. Then I realised that doh turn the headlights on stupid!! They worked fine.......For a few days after they then seemed to be leaking water when the car was sitting. Today I washed the car and checked if they were working. They are not!!!:mad:

This is my second 182. I can hear the pump working but no water??

Any ideas???

PAUL

White APE
Had the same problem when i picked my car up from the garage. Got them to fit a new washer, did the trick!

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
there is 2 pumps in the bottle

i found out the one closest to the wing is the main washer jets on the window

the other is the front light jets

i changed the wrong one lol

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Both my pumps appear to be working. The window washers fire first and then you can hear the second pump go but no water? This is my third Clio sport so I know how they sound when to activate the washers. HELP!!!

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Right,,I have booked the Clio into my local garage. I filled the washer bottle to the top and the headlight washers worked fine. But then washer fluid started pissing out of somewhere! I looks like it is leaking from behind the right headlight washer anyone else had this problem. Would it be an easy fix myself or shall I leave it to the workshop?

Clio 200
Unless you are happy ripping your bumper off I wouldn't bother. One of mine is broken and as it's not a warranty item Renno want £58 to fit a new one, and they need the car all day!!!!!!

09 GIXXER 750!!!
I am hoping mine is just a hose that has come off!! But knowing my luck I will need a whole new washer system!!!!

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Ok just went out and looked at the clio. The water has stopped leaking now. I looked in water bottle and about a 1/4 had drained out. (I had filled it all the way to the top) The headlight washers are working fine. This is weird. Is there a over flow at the top of the bottle I wouldnt had thought so as it would drain from under the car not from the washer jets. I am confused!!!! HELP!!!!!

09 GIXXER 750!!!
Unless you are happy ripping your bumper off I wouldn't bother. One of mine is broken and as it's not a warranty item Renno want £58 to fit a new one, and they need the car all day!!!!!!

Renault are jokers. I took my bumper off in 15 mins today really easy! To replace the washers it will take me 5 mins each side max!

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
need to replace my washer pump

i replaced the lights jets and not the window one so need to find time to go do it