ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 huge cloud of water / petrol from exhaust after 5000 rpm

Renault Clio Sport 182
Basically my clio 182 throws out water / petrol from the exhaust when i hit 5000rpm and keeps on doing it all the way to 7000 rpm.
After like 30 mins of driving it wont do it anymore.
Its probably just condensation built up it just i was wondering if anyone else gets this?

You cant see anything out the back window when it does it and it goes all over the back window. Bet it looks awsum from behind :cool:

Also can anyone tell me what causes the power increase at 5000 rpm?
Is it the vvt or does it switch to another cam or something?

Thanks

Does it do it all the time ? How long are the journeys your taking it on ?

If your not going that far that's the problem (it sound like your letting it warm up properly though) If it does it for a bit on longer journeys something's not right.

Basically my clio 182 throws out water / petrol from the exhaust when i hit 5000rpm and keeps on doing it all the way to 7000 rpm.
After like 30 mins of driving it wont do it anymore.
Its probably just condensation built up it just i was wondering if anyone else gets this?

You cant see anything out the back window when it does it and it goes all over the back window. Bet it looks awsum from behind :cool:

Also can anyone tell me what causes the power increase at 5000 rpm?
Is it the vvt or does it switch to another cam or something?

Thanks

Yes sometimes, nothing to worry about if it doesn't do it all the time.

Renault Clio Sport 182
Well i let it get to the top temp which is with the dial dead in the middle before taking it over 5000. Probably about 10 minutes.
Its strange as it sometimes doesnt do it even after like 10 minutes and then sometimes it will do it after 15 minutes and will keep on doing it thought every gear.
It doesnt do it out of gear though. Does anyone else get this?

Yeah the car is completely stock.

A ANIMAL
Well i let it get to the top temp which is with the dial dead in the middle before taking it over 5000. Probably about 10 minutes.
Its strange as it sometimes doesnt do it even after like 10 minutes and then sometimes it will do it after 15 minutes and will keep on doing it thought every gear.
It doesnt do it out of gear though. Does anyone else get this?

Yeah the car is completely stock.

The original exhaust seems to hold water for some reason, mine used to do it when i booted it. Was even visable at motorway speeds. Changed my exhaust and it's been fine since. Nothing to worry about at all.