ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 idles at 2000 rpm and climbing

Clio 182
as above I have just bought a clio 182 as a none runner due to an electrical fault. I have managed to get it running but it idles at 2000rpm and if you Rev it it will go upto about 3500 as i assume it's in limp mode. Just wondering what the cause of this could be?

It needs a new inlet manifold gasket where the Renault sport bit meets the lower part . Which I have and will fit tomorrow . Could this be the cause? I also have 2 fault codes stored which are 410 pedal potentiometer circuit track 1 (intermittent) and 510 pedal potentiometer circuit track 1 (permanent) . im gonna be working I. The car tomorrow so any advice would be appreciated . Thanks Adam

Clio 182
I'll have a good look over it tomorrow , someone has had it in bits looking for this fault. when I lent on the inlet manifold whilst I was looking for the fault the whole thing moved! Could this leak make the car think the pedal is faulty or is this a separate issue I have? I'm new to renaults I know a little about old fords and a little about vw vans...

Clio 182
Just found a vacuum connection with nothing on it near the throttle body at the top of he engine. I put my finger over that and it dropped to he correct rpm, what should connect to this ? It's at the very top behind the r on the sport logo?

Clio 182
Found it , it heads over the engine and down to near the drivers side headlifht area . It idles now just misses when it's revved ... Gonna try some petrol I think

Clio 182
No it's not now , it was like that when I picked it up . There was bolts all over the scuttle panel as some one had taken out the headlights bumper interior and a Load of top end engine bits trying to look for a wiring fault. It's all back together now gonna put it in for an mot either the end of this week or some time next week... Even managed to drive it before
The only issue it has now is the eml light coming on if you Rev it hard to say 5 or 6k but if you switch on and back off its fine. the only part it is currently missing is the rear lambda sensor .