ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 insurance...£609

Yozza'd BG
Just got a quote for £609 from Tesco Value Insurance. Im 21, got 4 years no claims and 1 conviction for speeding.

Is this a good price?

TrackCar & F30 330d
I just did an insurance quote with Adrian flux,
21 years old
1 Year NCB
clio 182
Exhaust
Coilovers
£555.51

Add ya mum if ya can :)

172 Race Car
how much older if i may ask...will i be paying a lot for many years to come?!
9 years older with 9 years ncb.

was paying about 580 on my phase 2 172 and 650 on my phase 1. thats a track car with track day cover tho.

Maybe i live in a high risk area

VX220
mate im with tesco. 21 with a 172 and i pay £470 fully comp. no problems at all. Couldnt find cheaper, next closest was around £600
Chris

Yozza'd BG
seems like my conviction could maybe be the problem coz the car is garaged and at no risk to theft or vandalism etc?

Not a poxy Renault
9 years older with 9 years ncb.

was paying about 580 on my phase 2 172 and 650 on my phase 1. thats a track car with track day cover tho.

Maybe i live in a high risk area

HIC wanted well over £1k (I think it was around £1400) from me to include track day cover for my 182 with mods declared, no track day cover sent it back down to £400 and I'm an even older git than you, loads of no claims and its garaged in a low risk area! Think yourself lucky young man!

cant believe some of the quotes in here arent missing a 1 off the start!

I'm paying £600 on my 197, 23, 5 yrs ncb.

Yozza'd BG
lol! i was surprised that it was roughly the same price as my classic mini was when i was 20!

The mini had 700 less cc's!

172 Race Car
HIC wanted well over £1k (I think it was around £1400) from me to include track day cover for my 182 with mods declared, no track day cover sent it back down to £400 and I'm an even older git than you, loads of no claims and its garaged in a low risk area! Think yourself lucky young man!
pmsl, thats mad! My 650 was with HIC, all mods declard including roll cage.

Insurance costs make no sense

VRS
what kind of excess comes with these low quotes though? I pay £395 with protected no claims and £200 excess

The higher the excess the lower the quote but I would never pay more than £250 excess

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
I tried for a quote on an 1.8 rsi mk1, 20 years old 2 years no claims, no convictions £1500 third party fire and theft WTF?!!

Yozza'd BG
im paying £200 excess for that quote of £609.

changing the voluntary excess from £100 to £525 only changed my qoute from £614 to £605.

03 clio 1.2 16v
£600 is nothing. I paid 1250 my first year. 22 with no NCB. No convictions. My area must be ****
what area you come from seems to me a load of s**t i live in a really nice part of brum i'm 29 with one con 3 points 5 NCB a 1.2 worth 3k and i'm still paying £700ish a year its just what they can get out of you without you moaning and causing a fuss

Focus ST
Seems ok, I'm 22 with 4 years no claims and i pay £520 Fully comp on a 53 plate 172 cup

S

seanaldo1987

Just got a quote for £609 from Tesco Value Insurance. Im 21, got 4 years no claims and 1 conviction for speeding.

Is this a good price?

i'd say thats a pretty good price considering the conviction

i'm 21, driving 3yrs, 1 yrs NCB, 1 conviction for speeding.
excess of £250 along with my compulsery excess of £150 due to being aged between 21 & 25
£920 with elephant.

just got convicted in november this year and with the points my renewal stayed the same. my years NCB cancelled out the premium i would've payed with my conviction being added on :mad:

otherwise i was looking at £720 for my premium

Last edited by a moderator:
  Renaultsport Clio 172 ph1
I don't know how you younger drivers will get on but I used to be with Tesco Insurance and they gave me low quotes for years.

When I got my Ph1 172 a few weeks ago, I tried a few sites and came up with a low quote from Esure.

£295 Full Comp and No claims protection and I put my retired old dad on it too for free. Thats with me being 35 having 5 years no claims and 3 penalty points. PLUS, if you go through 'Quidco' as I did, you get £45 cash back, so £250 all in ;)

I was amazed as with the cash back I am paying less for a group 16 hot hatch than I was for my Ford Focus 1.6 TPFT!

Give it a try. (bear in mind that they only allow one modification so make it clear what you've got on the phone before you buy the insurance online).

Golf GTD Mk7
Wouldn't touch tesco personally. Heard nothing but problems with them. My insurance is up in april. I'm with greenlight at the moment. I'm paying £750 i think. 25 now with 3years NCB. Hopefully this will drop a bit next time.

Yozza'd BG
what problems hav you heard of coz im sure as hell gonna get them goin with the Tesco Value policy?

1.2 16v dynamique
OMG im 26 , 3years ncb , 1 crash 4 years ago , and for a 172 cup on 02 reg 1st quote wanted 2k

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I'm 19, 2NCB on a 182, Fully comp. Mods declared with Adrian Flux I pay £1800, thats with a £500 or £600 excess.

I was hoping for around £1400 when I renew, looks from these it might be cheaper than that hopefully :)

Yozza'd BG
God Damnit!!

Just arranged to go ahead with the Tesco Value policy at £609 before checking with Direct Line who i forgot dont take part in the insurance comparison sites.

Did a quote on the Direct Line website and low and behold a cheaper quote at £525!:banghead:

Pepsi...Id be aimin for somewhere around the £1K mark for next years policy!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^ Cheers mate, that would be good as I have an expensive few months coming for the car, tax insurance mot and service!

If you are keeping it standard then Direct Line are ok, but dont think they like mods.
Have you tried Greenlight?

Yozza'd BG
does Greenlight take part in the insurance comparison sites coz otherwise i should give them a try...c'mon £400!:D

what area you come from seems to me a load of s**t i live in a really nice part of brum i'm 29 with one con 3 points 5 NCB a 1.2 worth 3k and i'm still paying £700ish a year its just what they can get out of you without you moaning and causing a fuss

All Birmingham post codes are relatively high risk areas.

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
I'm with Direct Line and I'm £430 fully comp on my 182 FF. I'm 28 with 10 years NCB and 3 points for speeding. Now that I've moved out of Edinburgh I expect a lower renewal next month!

C

Cupster

Hmmm, 28, Cup, protected ncb of 9 years, mods declared, Mrs named, no accidents but 9 points - 725!!

cannot work out insurance though cos with the same company I could have a 54 plate Cupra R Leon for 500 queens!???????

E87 118d M Sport
3 years ncb
no accidents/driving convictions
dad as a named driver (for use reasons, not to get the policy price down, altho it did)
parked on a private driveway (no garage)

£525 fully comp
so yeah id say that aint bad at all

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm, 28, Cup, protected ncb of 9 years, mods declared, Mrs named, no accidents but 9 points - 725!!

cannot work out insurance though cos with the same company I could have a 54 plate Cupra R Leon for 500 queens!???????

^^^I'll second insurance companies being a mystery!

My brother is 2 years younger than me, has less NCB but got quoted £275 fully comp on a Volvo T5 but £600 for his Glanza.