ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 limp mode

Cliocup182!

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
I have an issue with my Clio 182 where when driving normally there is no issue, however when driven harder (revs up near red line), the car goes into limp mode like it's running on less than 4 cylinders and has little power - just enough to pull in at the side of the road. After a few minutes of idling and switching off the engine it goes back to normal again as if it was running 100%.

I replaced all spark plugs, leads, coil pack but this is still happening.

Any thoughts welcome!

Cliocup182!

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
I have an issue with my Clio 182 where when driving normally there is no issue, however when driven harder (revs up near red line), the car goes into limp mode like it's running on less than 4 cylinders and has little power - just enough to pull in at the side of the road. After a few minutes of idling and switching off the engine it goes back to normal again as if it was running 100%.

I replaced all spark plugs, leads, coil pack but this is still happening.

Any thoughts welcome!
Any ideas?

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
When I bought my 182 Cup in 2006 I had a similar problem. When the engine was warmed up it would occasionally lose power. It did this 3 times, and on the third time I was stuck on a layby in the middle of nowhere waiting for Renault Assist (it was under warranty). After 40 mins it was fine and I drove home. This was the final straw, so it went back to Renault and they diagnosed a faulty engine temperature sensor. It was changed and I never had the problem again.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Could be an O2 sensor, likely to be the downstream sensor that is playing up.