ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 manifold onto 172 process?

W

WrongJohn

Alright Posse?

Ok so call me a clown if you like, as I dont yet have a 172 - but I do have a 182 manifold. A sure sign of my intent eh? Anyway, as I sit here polishing the thing I am pondering how to fit the bugger.

I understand they fit onto a 172 but only with the aid of a decat pipe and some bending - is this correct?

If thats the case, how does my 172 with 182 manifold and decat pass its MOT?

If I have a 182 manifold fitted with a decat to a 172 - will I get the emissions light?

Can I fit the 182 manifold to my 172 and retain either proper cat, or a sports cat that will pass the MOT?

Help Help!

John

W

WrongJohn

Might as well get a sports one rather than pay for a genuine one which will obviously be quite expensive anyway.

I take it from Cat back I can just go for any old straight through exhaust system?

Do Clios suit specific types of exhaust to maximise back pressure etc like a VTEC engine might?

If not, I will go for as straight as poss so I might have a chance of some fire!

John

W

WrongJohn

cliobuyer said:
63mm exhaust is the optimum allegedly.

So if I go for a straight as poss 63mm pipe linked to a Clio 182 sports cat and manifold.. Whats the pref in back boxes for power?

John.

you'd be surprised how clean they burn without a cat and can still pass the MOT without it in most cases.

Really? Jills car failed an MOT on emissions just with a k-tec cat back on it then passed when i put the OE cat back on it :S

W

WrongJohn

Laingo said:
Hmmm. I think i'm still getting a sports cat. I can't be arse to f**k about changing the cat come MOT time.

Indeed me neither. Seems little diff in power anyway.

I'm just a man, not a G-Tech meter, 1 or 2 bhp doesnt matter to me.

I'm interested in Fred's 200bhp for £1750 though. There is another thread about that I think.

John

Ph1
Not everythings about adding a few bhp.

You WILL notice a difference with a decat on so its well worth the hassle

W

WrongJohn

Andyman said:
Not everythings about adding a few bhp.

You WILL notice a difference with a decat on so its well worth the hassle

Surely i will notice a difference with a high flow cat as well?

Every thread on the subject I read seems to be 50/50 between whether you will or will not fail your MOT so since I am not ever going to be bothered changing the CAT myself, I'm sure not going to be de-catting!

John.

Tangoed Works
Why not get a 182 cat if they supposed to be freer flowing. Is it true that they are 200 cell. Think Im going to leave mine, gives a bit of back pressure to keep the midrange punch healthy. Dont ragg the tits off it often.

Oh and my last car (saxovtr) that has been running with the decat on since i put in on and my cousin has had no probs gettting it passed on the mot with out changing over.

You gotta love these back street london mot gargaes!

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
i've just had a 182 manifold fitted with a 100 cell cat and seems to have made a decent gain especially low down,the link pipe has a slight kink to line up,and me and my sports cat love men

defo will be coming to see you matt ................. defo interested in the sounds , performance gains you got :eek: