ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Milage?

Hi Guys and Girls
First post on cliosport :). Thinking about getting the 182 Clio in Racing blue. There are only a few advertised on Autotrader and the like. My question, what kind of milage is a 182 good for, I know this depends on how its driven and looked after, but would a 182 with say 50k miles be good for a while?, and still be worth something in a year or two with a few more miles on the clock? How reliable do they get once over 50k miles?

Looking forwars to your replies.
Thanks

well cared for engines (never ragged from cold, good quality fully synth oil & regular changes) seem to gain power as the get more on the clock, some cars with over 100k miles have got great figures on here.

Unfortunately with all things Renault its the rest of is that if not cared for can have problems. Take it for a drive, play with the box any crunching/problems with it walk away. My 182 was bought with 38,000 now on 53,00 doesn't feel any different. Love it :D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
yeh as said. if looked after will last for a while and just get faster...

Think of it like this. If your engine does blow up its cheap enough to buy another engine off the bay and get it fitted for cheap anyway.

53 Clio's & counting
Welcome mate, have you tried the search function? there are quite a few threads on mileage. As said if its looked after they last, my 172 is now on 126k, and is still producting 141bhp at the wheels, so get a good one and it will be fine

Welcome mate, have you tried the search function? there are quite a few threads on mileage. As said if its looked after they last, my 172 is now on 126k, and is still producting 141bhp at the wheels, so get a good one and it will be fine

perfect example of well cared high mileage, nice one!

Thanks for the replies
How much do parts cost?. I have a 1.2 Dynamique at the mo, bit of a jump to a 182, the parts dont seem to be to much.

Like the boosh said, if the engine does go, i could get it replaced, likewise with the gearbox and clutch.

Do you guys tend to find the Racing Blue CUP 182's fetch more money? I cant seem to get my hands on one in my area.

53 Clio's & counting
perfect example of well cared high mileage, nice one!

thanks mate :)

Thanks for the replies
How much do parts cost?. I have a 1.2 Dynamique at the mo, bit of a jump to a 182, the parts dont seem to be to much.

Like the boosh said, if the engine does go, i could get it replaced, likewise with the gearbox and clutch.

Do you guys tend to find the Racing Blue CUP 182's fetch more money? I cant seem to get my hands on one in my area.

parts are not too bad, what parts do ya mean mate?

172cup
parts are pretty cheap compared to other hot hatchs like Civics and Golfs. I made the jump form a Dynamique to a 172 and never really seemed to see a hit in my pocket. Just make sure the car has a full service history, like aux belt done near 36k and cam belt done. I bought mine for 5k last year with 49k on the clock, its done 60k now and still pulls like a train.

I d only trade mine in for a 182 pure cup in J45 racing blue.

thanks mate :)

parts are not too bad, what parts do ya mean mate?

Main parts like clutches/gearboxes/engine etc. Thats worse case if something major went wrong.

I want my 182 in Racing blue, either i am goin have to hold out for a while because there aint many for sale near me or get a black/silver one. Im inpatient

Audi S4 Avant
My 182 has 88100 miles on it and it still doesnt miss a beat, i dare say ill get that again out of it.

ST
Thanks for the replies

No they're pish, worst spec and worst colour.

You want a FF 182 in either, black gold, titanium or liquid yellow, or better still a trophy.

182 cup, avoid like the plague.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Don't let high mileage examples put you off. My mk2 172 is now on 102,000 miles and runs better then ever, and not broken down once apart from the back-box falling off :)

No they're pish, worst spec and worst colour.

You want a FF 182 in either, black gold, titanium or liquid yellow, or better still a trophy.

182 cup, avoid like the plague.

Why should I avoid the CUP version?

And how could I tell the difference between a FF and a normal 182?

Thanks for the replies guys :)

ST
FF 182 aka the one you wan..

DSC00794.jpg

Clio 182 CUP in 'jailbait' spec in Inferno..

182886.jpg