ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 missfiring

clio 182
changed the plugs it seemed to clear for 5 0r 10 minutes,when you drive the car along the motorway if you accelarate slowly its ok but when you put pressure on the throttle it missfires still .was wondering if it could be the fuel filter blocked?any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

2016 Audi RS3
What type of plugs did you fit? Did you gap them correctly when fitting them?

Another thing you can check is the resistance of your HT leads, should all be around 2000 ohms. How new/old is your coil pack?

Ben

clio 182
plugs were fine tend to feel as if its the filter thats choked,the coil pack was replaced when it had the engine done about 6k ago car has only done 6 thousand miles since full engine replacement by renault,a feel as if it is being starved of fuel when you accelarate hard what do you think?got a filter to try it anyway before i go looking at the leads etc or the coil pack.would the missfire not be there all the time if it was either the leads or coil pack? murray.

2016 Audi RS3
Were the plugs correctly gapped?
Are you sure the coil pack is brand new, and not just your old one transplanted to the new engine?
Have you checked the resistance of the leads?

TTRS & V50
Fred checked everything on mine, took a couple of hours. We check the leads doing trial and error and we came to the conclusion they were fine, so checked coilpack, crank sensor, and plugs. Then changed the actually leads and it was them.

Exact same scenario, ok on gentle acceleration but then missfired when booted.

Definally try the leads.

'02 Monaco Blue 172
Sorry to hijack thread but what exactly does a misfire feel like as mine does a weird thing just low revs when I floor it, sort of hesitates and splutters for a split second before picking up and going! is this the same?

clio 182
thanks for the advice mate,a have a fuel filter there to try that and if it doesnt work then a was going to change the leads next,thanks for the heads up sounds as if you might be wright on the nose there as the symptoms are very similar cheers:D

clio 182
Fred checked everything on mine, took a couple of hours. We check the leads doing trial and error and we came to the conclusion they were fine, so checked coilpack, crank sensor, and plugs. Then changed the actually leads and it was them.

Exact same scenario, ok on gentle acceleration but then missfired when booted.

Definally try the leads.
m8 you were spot on new set of magnecor leads done the job cheers

Various
thanks for the advice mate,a have a fuel filter there to try that and if it doesnt work then a was going to change the leads next,thanks for the heads up sounds as if you might be wright on the nose there as the symptoms are very similar cheers:D
You never need to change the fuel filter. I wouldnt take off the ring yourself to try it if i was you. If you leave it off it miss shapes the hole to the tank. Then you get fuel leaks when you fill the car.

Da off here had a smiler problem and his was his map sensor it might be worth a try. I would see if you can borrow anyone's on here first