ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 poor running after service and cambelt change

clio sport 182 2005
Hi, just wondering if anyone could help please, I carried out a cambelt change and full service on a 182, finding now that it surges a bit and runs lumpy on idle when finished, ive triple checked timing with correct locking tools, had it plugged into renault CLIP, changed leads, brand new ngk plugs, just seems like the idle is too low and cuts out when steering applied, obv due to dropping idle even more, please please help lol

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Cutting out when turning will be the power steering switch. Its supposed to up the idle when underload to prevent cutting out.

What tools were used for the cambelt?

clio sport 182 2005
locking pin in the crank (next to dipstick) with no 1 cylinder at tdc just to make double sure, cam locking tool in the end of the 2 cams, is there anything i could have done to this switch or is it just my luck that its failed while i had the car, lol, cheers fir the info though

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
There is one more tool tou should have used, camshaft pulley locking tool as you have to loosen the pulleys to do the cambelt properly.

clio sport 182 2005
after i first changed the belt, the cam spring just a tiny bit when i removed the tool as i didnt loosen the cam and dephaser pulley, when i rechecked the timing i could still get the tool in but had to use a bit force to get it in, i loosed the dephaser pulley as that was the one that was very slightly out and moved it so it was perfect, sorry forgot to mention that tool, im demented with this car now, also forgot to mention that the exhaust is blowing but its the centre silencer after the cat and lamda, dont suppse this would make a difference would it? ......

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Check the basics first!

IGNITION:
Are the plug leads on properly ad in the correct order?

SENSORS:
Are they all plugged in?

INJECTION:
Are all the injectors correctly connected up? I've done this before myself and found a car to miss or run lumpy because a connector wasn't seated right.

Mick