ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 problem

Storm Grey 200
On Sunday evening I noticed a very slight 'clunk' when bringing the clutch up and the front wheels took load, coming from what I then thought was the driver side front wheel.

The sound was very slight and whilst it has not increased in volume or harshness, it has become more frequent, occuring when shifting from 1st to 2nd at very sedate speeds and no matter how much I finesse my clutch it is there for every flat/uphill start, and also now when coming gently to a stop.

Driving and breaking are normal, straight line, no pulling

Ive done a search and found it could be something to do with the wishbone ball joints?anyone know if this is the problem? and how much it would cost to fix?

Any advice would be great

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
believe mine was down to the engine mounts. plenty of threads on here i had a clunk when pulling off

Black-Gold 182
clunk when pulling off??? you wanna see a doctor about that!!!
Sorry couldn't resist.

Engine mounts are an option, but it could be the CV joint on the drivers side. Have you tried jacking it up, leaving it in gear and turning the wheel on the drivers side - if it has any play I'd say it's the CV joint.